User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CP-E Downpipe Post-Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    I can't see images at work so I only just noticed it then, D A M N !

Who's ride is that!?

Would love to tell ya mate, but I haven't driven mine long enough to tell.

I should get a good idea by the next fill up though, I've taken down numbers. From word of mouth, I don't think it really does much. Some say it helps fuel economy, some say it doesn't. The latter I assume is because of a lead foot.
    That is tforce old MPS6. He now has an Audi S4 seen below or in the link below

The Half Million Dollar Cruise

With regards to fuel economy, in the end yes I think I might help seeing that perhaps there's a small weight saving to be made and generally better exhaust gas flow through the less restrictive larger diameter 3" pipe and smooth bends. Will you be able to notice the difference in economy from stock...? Probably not. In fact you may be inclined to put your foot down more to get the benefits of said modification which, consequently results in worse economy. A modified intake will help with economy I reckon, the motor doesn't need to work so hard through that stock paper panel filter, think of it as a tiny straw. Ideally, intake, TIP, DP would all work together to assist in greater economy, still think its hardly noticeable to think about though

My 2 cents anyway

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quick question, there's a point in time where I'm in either 1st or 2nd and when I smoothly rev to about 3.5/4000 the "noise" becomes stock-like.

It's as if there the DP was never installed, but then the sound comes back. Say on idle, I'll accelerate with the DP sound, then around 2.5 / 3 the noise disappears and becomes stock-like, then the sound comes back.

Any thoughts?

Probably a difference in sound due to the increase of air flow. Higher velocity air though the DP

Here's an example of my little query:

SOUND DIFFERENCE

COLD START

looks like you were driving through alexander heights?

Southern River actually, about 40 clicks south of Alexander heights.

That's quiet on cold start! Mine's a beast and mine isn't that loud overall! I'd imagine SS exhaust on cold start would be loud!

That red badge on the back looks familiar...

That red badge on the back looks familiar...
    Wonder where I've seen it before...

That's quiet on cold start! Mine's a beast and mine isn't that loud overall!
    I know right?! It's a helluva lot quieter than I originally thought it would be.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Hi Charles.
    If you want to hear a DP + 3"SS, I'll bring mine down to the photo shoot on Sunday. I can't stay, as I have work to do, but I'll be there from 0730-0745 if you want to check it out.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    I know right?! It's a helluva lot quieter than I originally thought it would be.
    Well you still have stock mufflers, ask Pete how his sounds on cold start!!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    Hi Charles.
    If you want to hear a DP + 3"SS, I'll bring mine down to the photo shoot on Sunday. I can't stay, as I have work to do, but I'll be there from 0730-0745 if you want to check it out.
    Pete.
    Sounds like a plan, thanks Pete!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Ok, so my mechanic found something odd with the Downpipe fitment.

I'm not quite sure if anyone else has this issue, but with the fitment of mine, the portion of DP heading up to the turbo / engine area seems to be grazing against the chassis which is resulting in some vibrations. To be honest, I haven't really noticed much vibration above the cabin noise anyway, but it looked a bit concerning.

Has anyone else had this issue?

He suggested talking to a few other members to see if anyone else has this problem or if it's just my DP that's been fabricated incorrectly.

The easy fix was to rework the DP to fit a bit better.
    Mazda6 MPS

Mine seems to clear fine

Just a question, is that extrodinary looking thing on the downpipe where the cat used to be, the cat?

Pretty sure this is the high-flo cat. I've highlighted it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit2.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	9608
    Last edited by rogwick; 20-09-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Pic don't work mate.

It worked a while ago, I'll load it again in a sec

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Pretty sure this is the high-flo cat. I've highlighted it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit2.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	9608
    So the it's the turbo, cat, downpipe, mid pipe?

I want to order a CP-E downpipe but just afraid if the cops look under my car, and don't actually see a cat....

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

What's this?

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    What's this?
    Flexible connection, you can't see the car in this shot, its further up

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Flexible connection, you can't see the car in this shot, its further up
    Do you think the popo would believe you if you said the cat was further up when they ask you where's the catalytic converter? Haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast