User Tag List

Thread: Installing a xcarlink into a MPS6. Best way to pull parts out.

Default Installing a xcarlink into a MPS6. Best way to pull parts out.

So will be installing a xcarlink into dads MPS6 over the week and need to find the best way to pull the cup holder part and the glove box out. Also is there an easier way to get to the back of the stero or is through the glove box best?

Through the glovebox is best, squeeze the sides in while it is open, drop it down, remove the damper on the left side by pulling gently, and then drop until you can remove the glovebox.

The cupholders come out by pulling up firmly, however may I ask why you are removing them? I had my cable come through there and if you use the cupholders it is risky as you might get fluid in the connector. I have the iPod cable running into the glovebox now and it has enough cable if I want to bring it out.

Also it helps if you find a picture of the back of the head unit online first, so you know which plug to use and where you are putting your hand because it's difficult to see otherwise

It takes longer to describe glovebox removal than to do it. Seriously, it takes about 4 seconds once you know how it goes. I recommend getting a strong light and a mirror to see the back of the head unit through the glove box opening.