User Tag List

Thread: Brisbane - your old 225/40R18 tyres

Default Brisbane - your old 225/40R18 tyres

If anyone in Brisbane is replacing their 225/40R18 tyres soon and the old ones have at least a bit of tread on them, would I be able to grab a pair (or all) of the old tyres off you?

Reason is that my brothers car is stuck in my garage with a blown out tyre while he has decided to move to the UK. I want to replace both his rear tyres and get the thing out of my garage to somewhere else so I can have more space for MPS modding. Due to the tyres it can't be driven or moved at the moment...

Thanks

Hey TD,

My GF's SP23 (running 18x7.5" with 225/40/R18 tyres) is due for new tyres soon.
    x2 of the current tyres have a bit of tread on them, still roadworthy a tad above the indicators, but the other x2 are scrubbed on the inside shoulder, so technically unroadworthy.
    The centre of the tread/tyre still has tread which is just at the depth of the indicators, so approx 1.5mm.

Let me know if you would be interested in them.

Muz

Sounds perfect Muz. And you're just up the road from me too.

I'd be keen on getting just the two tyres which are OK, that's all I need.

cindy is about to purchase 2 new tyres and have 2 x 215/45/18's there, they are 2mm above the limiters

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    cindy is about to purchase 2 new tyres and have 2 x 215/45/18's there, they are 2mm above the limiters
    Thanks for the offer John, but the "shed" (you've seen it) needs the same sized tyres all round otherwise the AWD system goes into spaz mode...

Blog Entries

Have 4 x 225/45 on mps3 rims. You can have the tyres w/out rims.....only hung onto them as emergency spares...but I'm afraid there's probably not enough tread to bother. Or you could borrow the rims while you erase the remaining k's on the tires - if you dare