User Tag List

Thread: BK mps jacking points

Default BK mps jacking points

Hello everyone

i'm trying to do the oil on my missus mps and holy sh1t what a hassle it is, seriously nice oil filter setup guys - but i think i have a handle on that

i have always owned skylines and do all my own work, the warranty on her mps is up and it's due for a service

so where the bloody hell do you jack it from? i have a low profile trolley jack but there isn't a whole lot of positions up the front that are screaming out to me as a safe jacking point..

i've seen pics on here of guys with their cars jacked up from right in the center on the side but i feel like my jack is going to crush that little metal rail that runs along for the scissor jack

any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

don't all speak up at once

I use the standard jacking points front and rear to lift the MPS 6. I use a hydraulic jack and they're ok. The front right jacking point was bent when I picked up the car, I've made it a bit worse but its strong enough to lift. The MPS 6 is heavier so I would assume you would be fine. Just make sure you line the teeth of the hydraulic jack so its a flat spot on the rail (if you know what I mean) Another option which I haven't tried is perhaps along the chassis where I place the stands. Although I haven't tried it and can't recommend...I assume it would also be fine. Hope that helps a little (I know its a different car but that's the best info I got)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

own one, but couldnt tell you where to jack it up, never done it
    MPS2NV is the only person i've seen jack my car up, and tunehouse...

5. Default

I have a varity of different sissor jacks that i have collected over the years. I find them better that the trolly jacks because they take up less room. When i did my clutch which required removing the whole front end subframe i put them onto the chassis rail with no problems. The best thing i found for servicing is just car ramps with a couple of bits of timber on the first support to lengthen the the ramp.

i ended up just using the lip on the side, didn't bend

i was looking for a chassis rail or something like what is shown in that pic but i couldn't seem to see anything like that

oh well, i'll have a look next time it's due

thanks anyway

I just use the lip on the side and stick the jack stands there, no issues yet.

I use the part of the chassis frame just inside the front jacking point when I am using my trolley jack.

There is also a spot behind your rear engine mount, it is marked with a cross. That is where you jack the front up using a trolley jack if you want to put it on jack stands.
    Last edited by Reedy; 10-09-2011 at 07:25 PM.