User Tag List

Thread: JDM Import MPS6?

Default JDM Import MPS6?

Spotted a MPS6 with a carsales.com.au sticker on the way home from work this afternoon. Rims caught my eye.

Looked it up - 2007 MAZDA 6 MPS GG Series 2 Private Cars For Sale in WA - carsales.com.au

The bit that caught my eye in the comments was:
    This is one really exceptional example of the Mazda MPS as it was the dealer principals car he imported direct from Japan
    I could be wrong here, but I would have expected a JDM MPS/MS6 have subtle differences compared to an Aus delivered model, not to mention they are known and badged as a Mazdaspeed6 in Japan?

Unless the owner is trying to say it was one of the first MPS6's in Australia and spec'd up from the factory.

In addition to that were these bits in the comments:

The MPS 6 is still being sold in other parts of the world...
    This much loved and cared for 4 door sports tourer, is an exceptional example of this makes sports tourer. Don't miss this opportunity to own a car that is no longer available in Australia, yet is considered so good that they can't import enough of the new model into Europe.
    I could understand if Russia was still making them (They still make the old VW Beetle and Early 90's Festiva)....but I doubt they would still be making the MPS6

If the owner is on here - I am intrigued by some of the things stated

Ah yes, that Guy... The top gear comment... Sigh... such a misquote

don't think he's all there...

Seen this and had a good laugh a while ago. Must be something interesting in the water over there.

The guy is full of crap, all the comments about Clarksons opinions is crap, about them still being made and in give demand is crap.

The bit about the dealer principal private import is new. Most likely, also crap.

I get really worked up when I see car sales adverts where people quote a review from Topgear or do a copy/paste from Wikipedia or the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    ...Must be something interesting in the water over there....
    We are talking bout the far southern suburbs here

5. Default

Poor owner/advertiser....FAIL

The Australian ADR's often require car manufacturers to make subtle changes to the spec compared to their OS models. There are a couple of tell-tale signs in the photos that strongly suggest it's not a JDM import. An obvious one is the alternate side indicators on the front guards, which are unique to Aussie models because the orange ones in the side of the front bumper don't comply with ADR's. Another is the headlight washers which is another ADR requirement that I don't think OS models have.

Full marks to the advertiser for creative writing though.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Must be something interesting in the water over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmwill View Post
    I get really worked up when I see car sales adverts where people quote a review from Topgear or do a copy/paste from Wikipedia or the likes.

We are talking bout the far southern suburbs here
    Definitely something in the water in the deep dark south!

30 grand is a bit rich though!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

those wheels arnt factory either.

toss pots just had the guards flared, slapped some 19s on it and called it an import.

as they say for 30k, tell em they're dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by IceValk85 View Post
    toss pots just had the guards flared, slapped some 19s on it and called it an import.!
    YeH I reckon, dead set who promotes an Australian-delivered car as a grey import? It's just asking for a lower price..

I want some of what he is smoking

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I want some of what he is smoking
    A big ole bowl o' Crazy..... And he ain't passin it 'round

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Wow great advert. I'd be all over the M'Z tune front bumper if it was a real JDM import.

I remember seeing that not long ago on car sales, 2 dead give aways that it's either a jdm import or not (anyone can slap a mazdaspeed atenza badge on) is if it's a jdm variant it will have rear wiper arm on the back window and it wont have headlight washers on the front bar, apart from that there not much noticeable difference, it may have a jdm sat nav screen installed and it will have power folding door mirrors. from memory looking at the photo it was not a jdm import. And if your super lucky to find a import it maybe a jap only mz' tune model id love one of them, Heads up those front bar lips are near impossible to get hold of i had japan parts even try to source from mazda japan, and they replied saying mazda wont sell them. iv heard they will only sell to people that can prove mz' tune ownership via vin number. there only one contact in the world i have found that claims to be able to get new ones at a cost of 1900 odd dollars a pair.