User Tag List

Thread: Oil???

Default Oil???

Hey guys,

Just wondering what the best engine oil is to put in my mps 3??

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering what the best engine oil is to put in my mps 3??
    The SEARCH function works a treat......

Black and Gold from your local Farmer Jacks or IGA.

I've used Penrite fully synthetic before. Think it was a 5W50. I thought that was all right. I'd denfinitely go for fully synthetic HOWEVER it does depend on the kms. You may find a mineral oil is best for a new car or as recommended by the manufacturer at least until run-in period. I've known of guys who purhcased a Honda Jazz, brand spanking new and dropped in the "good stuff" oil. Engine was rooted (smoking etc) as they're meant to be run in on mineral oil as recommended by the manufacturer...guy didn't know and thought he was doing the right thing. Same advice I used to give customers when I worked at Honda motorcycles.

I haven't done the last couple of services but I think the MPS is running on Castrol Magnatec fully synthetic (not my choice) from the mechanic

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Ill need a badge like this

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Yer ill be changing myn after the 10000 service apparently that is ok

That's it!