User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 3 pop up screens

Default Mazda 3 pop up screens

Ok I've been looking tirelessly to actually find a unit like this for the 3

So far I've got a reply from the one company that made them ( Defusi ) who say they no longer make em but I will stop at nothing to have this so if anyone knows where to actually buy one from, advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314890396.454196.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	9532  

2. Default

They look cool, but may stick out a bit from the dash at night. If u find where there selling them list the link here. Bt I would just keep searching on the net and eBay Japan etc

Hi Raffa,

I have one of these, unfortunately they are not very common as most people generally opt for a full replacement double din radio, mine was manufactured by HiTV in Sydney who have ceased production and support for this model, you could give them a try, or give Ryda a go as they were a reseller.

Closed, can be set to open on ignition on, or manually

Default GPS view

Reverse camera (changes to this mode automatically when selecting reverse and opens screen if closed), also has other AV input sources for iPod video etc

Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Will do thanks Matt

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

ok just spoke to ryda who tell me the unit was made by polaris who only make parts for the current model
    i have however found some on US ebay but im a bit unsure if theyll work over here as the OEM gear ran on dvd softwear and i can see anyone having aus maps on dvd and im not sure if they support plug ins

someone help me find one!

Blog Entries

If you are willing to put it together yourself using generic screen assembly, and choose a screen/gps/etc to mount in it, I got my pop-up assembly from Japanparts.com - JDM Parts,Performance Auto Parts added a xenarc touch screen + controller components. You could just as easily mount any 7" or smaller GPS or (standalone) entertainment system screen.

The part you are looking for is manufactured by Mazda "Retractable navigation box"

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    The part you are looking for is manufactured by Mazda "Retractable navigation box"
    im after a motorised one and i kinda like the stock look even though they weren't stock here
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Mine is definitely a HiTV unit, the Polaris units for the 3 are a full replacement radio, they did however manufacture a pop up style screen for the 6.

You could try contacting HiTV directly

HiTV Communications Integrated in car entertainment solution, digital TV GPS DVD headrest

but I doubt you will have much joy, unless they have some old stock around the place, another idea if you are looking at the US units, would be to drop a cheap 7" ebay gps into the screen assembly, I might be doing this to mine soon as I think my screen is starting to fail.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Found something that may be of interest to you, try these guys, there is a chance you may be able to get one here.

The Xenon Store

Looks identical to mine even has the same remote, although you don't get a GPS unit with it, you would have to source one elsewhere.