User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N2MB WOTbox

Default N2MB WOTbox

Just a bit of feedback for you guys that don't have a WOTbox..

First of all, if you have never heard of the WOTbox, see below for a brief description of what it is (copy paste from N2MB website):

The WOT Box adds two major features to any car. They are No-lift shifting and 2-step launch control.

The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift. No-lift shifting is keeping the gas down through the shifft. The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.

The major benefits are:

Lower ETs

Reduced chance of missing a gear

More consistent, effortless shifts

Reduced wear on the transmission

Reduced chance of major transmission damage

The 2-Step Launch Control modulates the ignition by cutting power to individual ignition coils to hold the RPM you want to launch at. The turbo will spool up while you do this. You can use this feature for a more consistent and more powerful launch in boost!

And here's my feedback (mind the copy paste again lol)

Well, i bought the N2MB WOTbox off BlueMPS3 on the forums..got it installed today. Nice and easy, took my time with loom tube and all so it all looks factory..

Takes a bit of getting used to keeping my foot flat on changes, felt a bit wired at first, but its great, definately quicker as it doesnt dump all the boost on shifts. Have the no-lift shift currently set to auto, may muck around with the manual settings a bit more over the weekend. Left a few 11's up the top of my street 'testing' out the launch control too hahaha maybe 4000rpm was a bit high

If you guys dont have one of these things, GET ONE (see link below)

NP Complete Performance

Cheers.

Karl.

Ps. I'll try and get some vids later on for you guys..

Glad you like it Karl, i knew ya would

^^^ Thanks again BlueMPS3...

Vid of the WOTbox in action as promised.. Still practicing with the launch control.. Road surface makes a big difference, currently set to 2800rpm, may have to drop it a bit more. Acceleration was a bit lethargic due to 34degC ambient temp, 40degC+ intake temp...

[YOUTUBEHD]y4Ve9AOj4cw[/YOUTUBEHD]

Spectacular

might have to put it on the list

Blog Entries

Is there any chance of this failing and then suddenly shooting ignition back to normal and then doing some major damage?

I do admit this is a great looking product though!

There's always a chance of failure when you're talking mechanical or electronic, but I haven't read of anyone having any issues.

Fun fact #354: if you use the launch control and do it for extended periods (like 5 minutes), you will destroy your cat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Fun fact #354: if you use the launch control and do it for extended periods (like 5 minutes), you will destroy your cat.
    Just make sure RSPCA don't know about that
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Fun fact #273: If you sit it on the launch control when the exhaust is nice and hot, it shoots flames..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kblume View Post
    fun fact #273: If you sit it on the launch control when the exhaust is nice and hot, it shoots flames..
    SOLD!
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

I have to admit I had thought about one of these and canned the idea
    but that video is IMPRESSIVE
    now I think I will get one (eventually)

I was one of the first here in Australia to get the WOTbox when they came out and i reckon it was one of the best small things id fitted to my old MPS3, especially after the other mods as the No lift shift always kept the car "on the boil" during heavy throttle gearchanges.

I heard the WOT Box 2-step can seriously damage the catalytic converters from the unburnt fuel, did you come across this problem?

wow.... never even heard of this until now.... definitely on the wish list!!!

I was about to buy one of these ... But then they said their bringing the AP to aus

15. Default

Hi Guys, excuse my ignorance here but I'm going to put it out there... The MPS is drive by wire, so why do you need to cut ignition to keep revs at optimal level instead of setting the revs via ecu? Is the WOTBOX more for sound and flames out the back?

I really need to install mine....

Yeah I've got mine sitting in a box. Would love to install it but have never found a good reliable way to get wires through my firewall that doesnt include stabbing at my loom or drilling a hole. Both of which scare me deeply....

I should probably add I have the 6, can't comment on the install for the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    Yeah I've got mine sitting in a box. Would love to install it but have never found a good reliable way to get wires through my firewall that doesnt include stabbing at my loom or drilling a hole. Both of which scare me deeply....

I should probably add I have the 6, can't comment on the install for the 3.
    drill a hole right next to the air con pipes, comes out nicely behind the glove box!

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano View Post
    Hi Guys, excuse my ignorance here but I'm going to put it out there... The MPS is drive by wire, so why do you need to cut ignition to keep revs at optimal level instead of setting the revs via ecu? Is the WOTBOX more for sound and flames out the back?
    Short of the LC & FFS features being implemented on the Cobb AP (& possibly also Versatune), How are you going to reprogram the ECU to limit revs in response to WOT shifts vs the normal factory rev limiter ?

The WOTBOX is wired in using the following wires from the ECU loom, throttle position sensor, clutch position sensor, crank position sensor, you then need to splice the main ignition wires to allow the box to cut the ignition as is required. The WOT BOX can be user programmed via a USB adapter, or via the box itself, the software is just a bit easier to use. It works a treat on both accounts, when WOT shifting the car will not go into the usual lift off vacuum so some of your boost is retained through the shift, which means less spool up time when you step off the clutch.
    Launch Control works great as well, the car will sit at the desired revs until you step off the clutch, you can also program 2 rev settings, switchable via the button on the device, i.e higher revs for sticky dragstrip vs lower revs for street modes

I asked the developers of the WOTBOX about potential damage to the cat from the device, their advice was that as long as you don't sit there for minutes on end with launch Control popping away you shouldn't have any issues.

If anyone is interested I am going to be selling mine very soon, PM me if interested, I will also be posting it in the FS section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    I really need to install mine....
    You should also buy one for the 6
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Any install guides out there Matt?
    Id like to get around to installing mine but it sounds like a headache.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast