User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MPS Garage Turbo Distributer....

Default MPS Garage Turbo Distributer....

Just checked my emails today and found out that MPSG are the Australian Distributers for BNR Turbo's.

I just had a quick look at their prices, and the Stage 1 is $1450.
    I was wondering how this compares directly from the USA.
    A Stage 1 is $950 but i was wondering how that stacks up when freight & core charges are added......

does this mean BNR will no longer be selling/shipping to aus? we HAVE to go through MPSG?

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Just checked my emails today and found out that MPSG are the Australian Distributers for BNR Turbo's.

I just had a quick look at their prices, and the Stage 1 is $1450.
    I was wondering how this compares directly from the USA.
    A Stage 1 is $950 but i was wondering how that stacks up when freight & core charges are added......
    a core is $250 US (IIRC)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Fail for BNR!!

when i got mine it was about $200 core charge and $120 shipping

if u have ur own core less $200, have to ship urs there tho

just to be nice and put all the values in a table
    (NB, am being lazy and assuming dollar parity here + values toddy provided)
    supply your own core
    paying for whole new turbo (same as MPSG offering)

coreno coreMPSG
    Stage 1107012701450
    Stage 2122014201635
    Stage 3132015201750
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 01-09-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Fail for BNR!!

when i got mine it was about $200 core charge and $120 shipping
    When I first read the thread title, for a moment I thought it said "mps garage turbo disaster!"
    First impression was correct?
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

I read the email as MPSGs pricing structure being based on a core exchange, not an outright purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I read the email as MPSGs pricing structure being based on a core exchange, not an outright purchase.
    So hopefully there will be a $200 core refund on that $1450 for the Stage 1.....maybe ????

9. Default

Im happy I bought my turbo form BNR in June, MPS GARAGRE = PATHETIC

Blog Entries

I think they need to lower the price. On last check, that's not especially competitive against a local rebuild alternative. The local is a couple hundred more or so, but....well, it's borderline for me. A rebuild is the attention of a single or small number of workers focusing on the rebuild...so there's an expected premium on that .BNR should have the volume behind them to provide a better price I think.
    Last edited by Nexus; 01-09-2011 at 11:03 PM.

I was quoted by Bryan, $1230 shipped w/out core exchange. [ BNR Stage I ]

I paid $1470 for a stage 3 shipped to Perth, no exchange. Glad I got mine before this. Better not be another one of those anti-competitive exclusive distributor deals.

i paid about 1300-ish aud for a stage two (bought a core)

someone should get tunehouse or similar onto this. get some competitive pricing and service.
    Last edited by raymondato; 02-09-2011 at 11:56 AM.

It's kinda too late now as they are the distributor for Aus, everything will have to go through them. Might be worth someone contacting BNR directly and see if they will still deal directly with customers here if requested.

Email should be sent to BNR to find if we still can deal direct, and with the reasons why many will not purchase their products if they have to go through the Australian distributor.

Some of these wholesalers should do a reputation check on their distributors like they would do a credit check.

I'm positive many of the wholesalers wouldn't be happy with the loss of sales and having their name dragged down by the reputation of their official distributors

I was quoted $1365USD by Bryan at BNR for a stage 2, Delivered to me. Not sure about core. Was never spoken about.

Hey Jon, think TMR can expand into Mazda goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Hey Jon, think TMR can expand into Mazda goodies?
    They wouldn't even have to change their acronym. Win/win

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Maybe in future MPSG can spend less time setting up Au disrtibution deals and more time actually filling orders they already have...

Team Mazda Ralliart? I don't think it works Dan. lol.

I've already priced a Garrett replacement turbo from Garrett. Over $1800 MY price. Replacement cartridge is about $1500. OUCH!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast