User Tag List

Thread: New turbo back system quote

Default New turbo back system quote

Newcastle exhaust systems quoted me $1950. That's 3 inch back to the diff then 2.5 inch from there as the guy thought 3 inch is too loud.

Double that quote if I wanted stainless steel. Although the Cat is stainless.

Thoughts?

Umm do you want the polite version or the rude one?

Polite - Tell him thats a bit rich for a mild steel system and a lot rich for stainless

Rude - Tell him that he is a rip off bastard and to jam his head up his butt

Unless you actually mean that it is DP included....then its pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Umm do you want the polite version or the rude one?

Polite - Tell him thats a bit rich for a mild steel system and a lot rich for stainless

Rude - Tell him that he is a rip off bastard and to jam his head up his butt

Unless you actually mean that it is DP included....then its pretty good
    As the thread title is for a Turbo-back, I'm assuming DP is included

DP is included

Sounds similar to mine. Not a bad price I reckon. What sort of mufflers? I have 3" mandrel coated mild steel to a 'y' piece which may be 2.5" too I think and twin stainless super-cat mufflers.

For info my exhaust was around $2500
    Downpipe $1100 (can't remember exact figure
    Custom Exhaust $1100ish
    + $350 to install the DP.

Thanks Rogwick, was hoping to get your thoughts.
    I want to have all the info I need when I finally book the car in. I'll enquire about the DP and what kind of mufflers I'll be getting.

If you haven't seen my write up on my zorst have a look. A few pics and prices to give you an idea but sounds like a reasonable price for the lot.
    Obviously stainless mufflers will cost more, perhaps you were quoted for standard mufflers. I've also got twin resonators installed on mine to cut out drone.
    You may/may not want to consider resonators on your system depending on your preference

Yeah the sound was discussed, as I said to the guy, I'm not 21 anymore so I want all the performance without the hoon sound.

He said the filth were hot on booking cars for non standard exhausts.

Also said the stock mufflers are heavily baffled to keep the family car feel.

Exhaust shops always tell you that because they want your cash. The stock mufflers are acoustically tuned to suit the car in a way that after market mufflers are not and they have pretty good flow characteristics. At best, after market mufflers will give you 4hp over the stock mufflers (that's proven). If you then add resonators how much hp do you think you will lose? There's a very real chance you'll spend a heap of money on mufflers and resonators and go backwards compared to stock.

If you're looking for power gains, they are found in the DP and the T piece, not in the mufflers.

Gone to Volvo

I'm booked for castle hill exhaust for dp installation.. Got quoted 220

Let me know the results mate.