User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BNR Stage 2

Default BNR Stage 2

hi everyone i hav decided to go witht the BNR stage 2 just wondering after installing it is it necesary to get it tuned?? or it will b right until i hav money and want more power???

I think BNR III is the stage where it requires a proper tune.

Mind me ask the cost shipped?

I think you probably require a tune to get it running well with any turbo modification as airflow design characteristics change. It'll run, just a question of how well you can utilise the modification. If I'm right Toddy had the BNR stage III and got knocking in the higher gears on the stock tune (not to mention power delivery wasn't all that impressive on the stock tune) Confirm with him if you like.

You should definitely get it tuned. I have a BNR Stage 2 installed and it's getting tuned next Friday by Tunehouse in Sydney.

I think if you start doing mods like that, your car should be tuned for reliability and to get the best value out of each mod.

I personally would do a tune as well, just for reliability and safety... Don't want to overboost or lean out and knock... anything else coming with the stage 2? Exhaust mani?

i hav dp and exhaust sri tip i hav a smoking turob seal and i want to steer away from the k04 turbo otherwise i wouldnt do the turbo till l8er on down the road

If you know what your doing you can make it run ok on the stock tune until you have money for a custom tune.. obvioulsy it won't be making huge power on stock tune

i am currently using hypertech tune atm

I removed my hypertech tune the day before the stage 3 was installed. I definitely would not run a bigger turbo on hypertech, I think there is already enough risk running it on a stock tune.

whyis there a risk??

hypertech is a very aggressive tune, luke asked them about possibly using it with his car (granted his turbo is bigger than yours) and they responded back saying they dont support any non-standard turbos

As above mate, hypertech tune was callibrated and written for the K04. You run a risk swapping turbo's and retaining such a tune.

Just wondering what software/system you guys are using to tune your cars over in WA?
    I have a BNR S3 on the way and looking into tuning resolutions after the install.
    Here in melb, i only know of Horsepower Factory who tune MPS'. I spoke to them and they use mazdaEdit.
    Im not filled with confidence going to them as i read Grayj only squeezed 160kw atw after his tune. SFA, almost comparable to hypertech tune for double the price with a dyno printout.
    Maybe they're still learning to truely unlock the MPS. Only a week ago, they did a top job on my mates evo9.

Also, how many KWs are you putting down after the turbo and tune?

Where can I find the information on the BNR stages?

Quote Originally Posted by yodo View Post
    Just wondering what software/system you guys are using to tune your cars over in WA?
    I have a BNR S3 on the way and looking into tuning resolutions after the install.
    Here in melb, i only know of Horsepower Factory who tune MPS'. I spoke to them and they use mazdaEdit.
    Im not filled with confidence going to them as i read Grayj only squeezed 160kw atw after his tune. SFA, almost comparable to hypertech tune for double the price with a dyno printout.
    Maybe they're still learning to truely unlock the MPS. Only a week ago, they did a top job on my mates evo9.

Also, how many KWs are you putting down after the turbo and tune?
    he had ~195(ish) at HPF, bad fuel led to poor results in QLD
    there is an ECUTEK dealer in melb, but havent heard any reviews on them
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I rang HPF and they no longer do the ECUTek tune. I'm travelling to Sydney to get mine done

Sent from TapaTalk

Don't be dissapointed with the numbers on the HP-F dyno guys, i've had the HP-F tune and i made 183 with only CAI, TIP and second cat delete... Another dyno day i down at HP-F i made 180fwkw only 5fwkw off the most powerful Hatch on the day got beaten by a stage 4 VXR who made 184fwkw (HSVXR on the Forum) and then a Stage 3 XR5 Turbo who made the 185fwkw.... Power wise to be only 3% off them without FMIC or proper Downpipe i was stoked with the results. The XR5 has made 215fwkw on other dynos consistently.

The HP-F tune is very good there number are just very low...

Slixx is the ECUtek tune the Mazdaedit Tune that Grajy has or is it different?
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Might have to head down to HPF and have a chat with them.
    Still waiting for the BNR s3 to show up.

A little curious on the pricing of the BNR Stage 2?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast