User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mps 6 dsc awd

But it is like in any vehicle there is always a risk of snapping axles if ur launching this isn't jus for the mps 6

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    But it is like in any vehicle there is always a risk of snapping axles if ur launching this isn't jus for the mps 6
    But axle stress would be less in an awd car as force is distributed to 4 axles instead of 2, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    But axle stress would be less in an awd car as force is distributed to 4 axles instead of 2, right?
    Nah, stress on the drive train at launch is much greater in an AWD. In a 2wd car there is wheel spin that acts like a circuit breaker to relieve the shock on drive train components. But in a stock 6MPS there usually isn't enough power to overcome the grip of four wheels to make them spin. So there is no circuit breaker effect and the drive train takes a hammering. In fact the entire structure takes a hammering. In other AWD cars I've seen doors pop open, rear windows crack and rear seats dislodged due to the stresses that go through the structure during a launch. These extreme consequences would only be expected in a car with ultra sticky competition tyres and big hp, but it does illustrate what the car experiences.

Gone to Volvo

Imagine boasting your car has so much power the rear window cracks! *people scratching their heads*

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Imagine boasting your car has so much power the rear window cracks! *people scratching their heads*
    That's when you know it's time for a roll cage to tie the structure together.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I think doors popping open would be more fun... "Yeah, I have ejector seats, just have to launch hard enough..."

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Sooooooo, leading on from "in a stock 6MPS there usually isn't enough power to overcome the grip of four wheels to make them spin" this might be the logic behind Mazda's decision to undersize the tyres on the MPS6??? Just a teasing thought! A cheap circuit breaker!

Interesting thought Doug. I reckon they were reluctant to roll the guards to fit proper sized tyres.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12