User Tag List

Thread: Rota G-Force or Advan RS replica

Default Rota G-Force or Advan RS replica

Rota G-Force is $999 for 18x8.5 +44 and I have no idea how much these weigh, I know it's more than 9.5kg
    Advan RS replica is $850 for 18x8 +45 and weigh 9.5kg per rim.

Question is, will rims have a strength quality? Because the Advan RS replica is so light does it mean that it is weaker?
    The seller claims the Advan RS replica is very similar in quality and as strong as the genuine Advan RS.

The Advan RS replica centre isn't deep dished like it should be.

Rota G-Force

Advan RS replica

2. Default

I have replica Enkei rims which are 18x8 +45 and only weigh 8kg. I have never had any issues with quality of them and have hit some potholes at reasonably high speed etc with no damage whatsoever and other members on same cruise have buckled their rims hitting the same object.

Thanks for reply, think I'm going towards the Rota anyway because of the dished looked

I agree, and the dished shape will help avoid gutter rash on the spokes. To answer your other question, those offsets are fine.

Would still gutter rash the spokes, it's only dished in the middle :P
    Was I asking about the +38 offset? I forgot

38+ you will rub.

I run 18x8 45+ offset with 235/40 tyres, and even with the guards rolled, it occasionally rubs. I've had the pull the guard a bit to get some additional clearance.

Stick with 45+ or 48+

Are you lowered? I've never heard of rubbing with guards rolled on +45 offset

Mels (Blackbetty) needed the guards rolled with +45 rims, and her car isn't lowered

When you say Rota vs "replica" Advan, you should note that a lot of Rota wheels are essentially replicas of other makes anyway. I'm in no way questioning the quality, just stating a pretty obvious fact. Further, I'd quite happy owning Rota's and was looking at the ones you were

I've got the Rota 18x9 and they weighed 10.8kg IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    When you say Rota vs "replica" Advan, you should note that a lot of Rota wheels are essentially replicas of other makes anyway. I'm in no way questioning the quality, just stating a pretty obvious fact. Further, I'd quite happy owning Rota's and was looking at the ones you were
    I know but these Advan RS are actually called Advan RS but they are not the real thing... Rota on the other hand is an actual make and I do understand that they are copies too, but they have different names for the copies

i got rubbing with rx8 rims with mazdaspeed camber links. was only lowered 15mm

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Are you lowered? I've never heard of rubbing with guards rolled on +45 offset
    Absolutely.

BTW, stick with the ROTA. Not a brand. The alternate is to buy the real thing..
    Last edited by mazda6mps; 30-08-2011 at 11:18 PM.

I was looking at advan rs-d rims in 19 and well 1250 a corner i deciede to stay stock lol