User Tag List

Thread: Corksport Downpipe installed

Default Corksport Downpipe installed

hey everyone i thought i would do a write of my corksport downpipe i installed yesty... and show a few pics....

the dp took about 4.5 hours to do and with a 3 inch system to my resonator... it was frustrating trying to get the heat shields off on the top cat but finally got it... but it was much easier than i thought it would be... i removed my tip sri tmic and unplugged my o2 sensors then removed all the heat shields i could from the top... then lifted the hoist to proceed the removal of dp. i undid the tail shaft and removed a underneath brace this made pulling the dp out from the bottom so much easier... it took 3 hours to pull it out and about 1.5 hours toput all back together and weld new exhaust and high flow cat.... so much easier bolting it up with the excess room to move around.... am happy witht the result and no CEL

i would add photos but i the files are to big...
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Sounds like a mission mate, buy well worth it. Saved yourself a bucket of cash too, doing the self install.

As for the photos, create a photobucket.com account, upload them there. When you're done, copy the [IMG] link and paste it in your thread. Makes them a good size too.

Nice one Will!

Wow 4.5 hours, that's damn good, it took Troy longer than that to do his and it was a
    MPS3 apparently a lot easier to work with compared with the MPS6!

Well done Will, no doubt somewhat satisfying doing it yourself. So notice any gains at all when you took it for a spin? You had a good note already when I heard ya car at Byron, has the CS DP changed that at all?

yeah can notice performance and love the new sound of it sounds awsome a bit deeper than it was cant wait for the next catch up to show it off

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

it sounds pretty awesome now with the dp..maybe even a bit louder in my opinion...need a dp bad