User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Versatune - new tuning solution for the MPS

Looks like we're going to be doing a full download of the ECU so they can check out the Australian spec tune (I assume). Have flashed back to the stock tune from Hypertech and will try my luck with Mazda over the next couple of days to see if I can hook up to MMDS for nothing and get the updated factory tune to work from.

Also, does anyone in Brisbane or the Gold Coast have a first generation CX7 which I can access for five minutes? I just want to grab the Calibration ID from the ECU for the VersaTune guys, it's a quick process which doesn't do anything to the car, and the car doesn't need to move.

Send me a PM if you can help out with the CX7. Thanks

Go for a 'test drive' at mazda lol

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Looks like we're going to be doing a full download of the ECU so they can check out the Australian spec tune (I assume). Have flashed back to the stock tune from Hypertech and will try my luck with Mazda over the next couple of days to see if I can hook up to MMDS for nothing and get the updated factory tune to work from.

Also, does anyone in Brisbane or the Gold Coast have a first generation CX7 which I can access for five minutes? I just want to grab the Calibration ID from the ECU for the VersaTune guys, it's a quick process which doesn't do anything to the car, and the car doesn't need to move.

Send me a PM if you can help out with the CX7. Thanks
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Haha! The thought had crossed my mind...

Noticed that I had this in my bookmarks and hadn't posted it. Great write up by a guy on the UK MPS forums, I'm hoping to go through the same beta testing process for the Australian market for VersaTune that he did for the European market.

Mazda MPS Owners Club • View topic - VersaTuner - My Review

I was monitoring this a couple of years ago but it kind of dropped off the radar with development dragging on for so long. However I considered it the most promising tuning project at the time and still do. Now that I really need a custom tune I'm glad to hear the Versatune boys have a finished product.

Having a quick scan of their forum revealed this gem:

High RPM Shift Stutter fix
    "All I can say is that the oem tune was trying to manage the shift behaviour, and was overdoing it a bit."

If Versatune can eliminate the single most annoying thing about my car it will be worth it for that alone.

Thank you muchly TD, I'm following this with great interest.

Gone to Volvo

They've sent me the software to read my ECU .hex file for them, so I'll do that over the weekend and send it.

I asked a local Mazda dealership about plugging into MMDS and quickly checking for and grabbing any updates, they wanted $66 for it and a booking, so it's booked for next Friday and they can do a coolant flush as well...after that I'll also do a ECU dump and send it to the VersaTune guys so they have the latest version for their work.

kmh001 - they have a 6 MPS version already released, but currently not ready for the Australian cars. I'll be catching up with a 6 MPS owner over the weekend and taking the opportunity to grab the necessary details and data from his car for VersaTune so they can port their 6 MPS solution to work with the local cars.

Mate you have made my day. Now where can I get one of them fancy cables?

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Mate you have made my day. Now where can I get one of them fancy cables?
    Right here, they deliver to Australia as well, you'll get it for under $200 landed. Mine arrived in 5 days from order.

Tactrix Openport 2.0

Maybe wait until the guys confirm the Australian 6 MPS before ordering though

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

The curent stock tune has been downloaded from my car and sent to VersaTune. Let the waiting game begin!

Went to my local Mazda dealer today and amongst other things wanted to check that the version of stock tune/firmware I had was the latest one before the Versatune guys got too far with making the changes required for Australia.

It seems I already had the latest stock tune, which I had already sent to the guys so game on! Hopefully a trial flash to my car using Versatune isn't too far away, which will check that full read/write on the Australian ECU is OK, then that opens up the ability to load customised tunes.

Sounds good Dan......keep us posted

Just had an email from the guys after telling them the ECU data they had from me was actually the latest Australian firmware.

"That's good news and confirms my findings. We should be ready to go with the Australian Mazda 3 MPS very soon!

Great news. Did you also send them a copy of your mates 6MPS tune to Australianise?

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Great news. Did you also send them a copy of your mates 6MPS tune to Australianise?
    I sent the Firmware/Calibration ID and VIN number from Will's (auscer) 6 MPS. He was kind enough to let me plug in and grab the details the other weekend.

No response from the Versatune guys to that email though, I'll ask them on the next one.

Right here, they deliver to Australia as well, you'll get it for under $200 landed. Mine arrived in 5 days from order.

Tactrix Openport 2.0

Maybe wait until the guys confirm the Australian 6 MPS before ordering though

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

The curent stock tune has been downloaded from my car and sent to VersaTune. Let the waiting game begin!
    Hey TD, great work mate, subbed this as im hanging on the outcome.

Versatune re: 3 MPS, so far is this for Gen I or are they working on Gen II also?

Also the Openport 2.0 says it logs to micro sd card, does that mean you dont need a netbook in the car to log data?

Im just wondering the pros/cons of buying a netbook/tablet to run in the car. (ive been looking to get one for a while now anyway)

Oh, and i just posted an EOI: Tactrix Openport 2.0 GB topic
    Last edited by Dices; 21-09-2011 at 04:58 AM.
    Dices......shoosh now Marty......

2010 BL 3 MPS Lux - MPS-101 | CP-e SRI, TIP, TMIC, DP| CS Air Box | Cobb AP | Autotech HPFP internals
    Turbosmart Dual Port BPV | REM 60 Durio | Dashmate-mat | Lakin | Carbon vinyl M | Sharks fin | therpmstore gas struts
    Tints, Dark | Tail Lights Tinted | Rear Reflector LED's | Twin DRL's | Mirrors w/ turn signal LEDs

Not Installed yet : Prosport Boost, Water & EGT | Fog HID's

WISH list : Springs | New Rims | Big Brakes

I think the US and EU market Gen 1 Mazdaspeed3-3MPS software is being officially released in the next few weeks, they're doing some final dyno pulls now to get things all checked out on their base range of tunes.

Due to the guys being busy with that I haven't heard from them this week, wouldn't surprise me to get a download link for Australian spec beta software soon though.

My plan was to use a netbook and Versatune software to log, but could try the microSD function on the Tactrix if you want to know if it works on our cars.

Gen 2 3MPS support...I saw mention of it as a possible and on their 'radar' so to speak, will ask next time I'm in contact with them.

I think the US and EU market Gen 1 Mazdaspeed3-3MPS software is being officially released in the next few weeks, they're doing some final dyno pulls now to get things all checked out on their base range of tunes.

Due to the guys being busy with that I haven't heard from them this week, wouldn't surprise me to get a download link for Australian spec beta software soon though.

My plan was to use a netbook and Versatune software to log, but could try the microSD function on the Tactrix if you want to know if it works on our cars.

Gen 2 3MPS support...I saw mention of it as a possible and on their 'radar' so to speak, will ask next time I'm in contact with them.
    Yeah, that would be good to know for sure, with larger micro sd cards available i imagine the amount of data it could log would be pretty good (depending on the size cards it supports)
    Dices......shoosh now Marty......

2010 BL 3 MPS Lux - MPS-101 | CP-e SRI, TIP, TMIC, DP| CS Air Box | Cobb AP | Autotech HPFP internals
    Turbosmart Dual Port BPV | REM 60 Durio | Dashmate-mat | Lakin | Carbon vinyl M | Sharks fin | therpmstore gas struts
    Tints, Dark | Tail Lights Tinted | Rear Reflector LED's | Twin DRL's | Mirrors w/ turn signal LEDs

Not Installed yet : Prosport Boost, Water & EGT | Fog HID's

WISH list : Springs | New Rims | Big Brakes

Any indication on pricing of the tunes TD?

Or I could just check the website.... VersaTuner - Ordering
    Last edited by Scaredycrow; 21-09-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Any indication on pricing of the tunes TD?
    USD$399 + the cost of a J2534 Pass Through cable (around $200 delivered to Australia - Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 is recommended)

More info here:
    VersaTuner - Ordering

Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by Dices View Post

Any update?
    he's been in singapore, only got back yesterday
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast