User Tag List

Thread: Negative boost pressure ?

Default Negative boost pressure ?

Hey all, I recently did a hypertech tune and have noticed that my boost gauge now reads in the negative at idle, is this a issue? It still goes up the normal psi when on boost.
    Is this just the hypertech doing it's thing ?

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

mine does that on stock tune
    dont think it's anything to worry about

Same, no where near postive boost pressue on idle.

Should be negative most of the time unless you put the foot down or under load (going up a hill)
    My one normally between -10 to -20 when cruising along at a steady pace and I want to save fuel.
    When foot down I peak at 16 psi then drops/holds about 14 psi.

I still get crazy peaks, a bit better after the hypertech though

What type bov you got rogwick? I've got forge re-circulating valve but maybe planning an upgrade to the turbosmart one...
    Would you recommend it?

Indeed, this is very normal... in fact there would be some sort of problem if you did NOT have vacuum at idle and cruise...

Is your guage boost AND vacuum? If it is boost only, perhaps the stock tune does not have enough idle vacuum to pull the guage into the negative...

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by kevstewart View Post
    What type bov you got rogwick? I've got forge re-circulating valve but maybe planning an upgrade to the turbosmart one...
    Would you recommend it?
    I did have a Turbosmart Dual port until something went wrong with the piston(?) started making a knock noise as if something was getting sucked in. Sort of like when you hold a piece of paper to an exhaust fan. Everytime I would blip the throttle I got a noise. Took the BOV off replaced with the stock BPV and my car was a beast with the stock BPV. The MPS used to shudder on release of heavy throttle, used to sound ok (turn heads etc) but now on stealth mode she feels so much smoother and performance has remained the same, if not better. The pick up after dropping throttle to change gear is much better. Not sure I can recommend the TS...It was ok but after feeling the difference I'm not so sure. Quite a few folks have it though and like it. I'm in no rush to get another BOV

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Hmmmm thanks as long as it's nothing to worry about I'm good! Just thought it was strange that b4 the tune it always sat at 0 ( or maybe I just work to much and am going a little crazy)

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

Thanks for the info!
    I think I'll leave on my forge or try the standard one again.