User Tag List

Thread: 3mps 2007 dual mass flywheel replacement

Default 3mps 2007 dual mass flywheel replacement

hi everyone.has anyone replaced the stock dual mass flywheel with a single-mass one?what's the difference that the driver feels?advantages and disadvantages in general?as you can see,after 55.000 km it's my turn to replace it but unfortunatelly i found out that it's very expensive(970 euros).combined with the replacement of the rest oponents clutch and others i'll have to spend about 1700 euros!is it worth it?what do you think?

2. Default

I have made this change (along with double the clamping pressure with new pressure plate). Great clutch feel and no driveline shunt (as opposed to heaps with the duel-mass flywheel). Gearbox noise that is now transmitted is not so good. The noise really takes the edge off what would otherwise be the second best change to the MSP 3 - the best being the upgraded rear engine mount.

damn that sucks. an already noisy gear box, made nosier

i too would like to know what the pros and cons of single mass and dual mass. unless your making serious power and can keep the tyres from losing traction, is a higher clamping plate necessary ?

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    damn that sucks. an already noisy gear box, made nosier

i too would like to know what the pros and cons of single mass and dual mass. unless your making serious power and can keep the tyres from losing traction, is a higher clamping plate necessary ?
    Wait till u mod it up a bit more and u can feel ya clutch slipping.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |