User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 - Rattles in rear parcel shelf - what can it be?

Default MPS6 - Rattles in rear parcel shelf - what can it be?

Hi All,
    Just seeing if anyone else has experienced a mysterious rattle in their MPS6s.
    The noise is coming from around the rear parcel shelf and sounds a bit like two pieces of plastic rubbing together.
    It's surprisingly loud and happens almost constantly when the car is on the move.
    I've tried pushing things down as someone else drove the car to see if I could isolate the noise, but it seems to be coming from between the boot ceiling and the parcel shelf.

Any ideas?

Rattles and squeeks drive me NUTS!!!

I had a rattle in that area. Turned out to be the bose badge in the middle of the speaker grille.

3. Default

I had the same problem fixed now stay tuned i will post some pix on how to fix

Sounds like something much bigger than a loose badge, but I will check it out.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

I've got the base model, so no bose badge on the speaker grille, but I do get the occasional rattle. It sounds like it's coming from the speaker itself, but it fixes itself.

6. Default

I've had my mps 6 for about 2 months and its developed the parcel shelf rattle. I can't find where it's coming from but it sounds like plastic on plastic knocking.

Just wondering if anybody has found what it is, it's annoying. I've removed the rear pillar trims and there's nothing loose. I even got someone to drive me around with one of the rear seats down while I sat in the back and still couldn't really pin point it. I'm beginning to think its in the boot or under the car and the sound is coming up through the 2 vents in the parcel shelf.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    I had the same problem fixed now stay tuned i will post some pix on how to fix
    What was the problem?

For me I had a $2 coin rattling around in the area where the jack and tools hides...

Chris.

Default MPS6 - Rattles in rear parcel shelf - what can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    For me I had a $2 coin rattling around in the area where the jack and tools hides...

Chris.
    Profit and no noise! Winning
    I only have rattles when sub is on after doing preamp think its touching something as the woofer moves, more of a tinny sound then rattle
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

10. Default

I fixed the sub rattle with some foam wedged up under the parcel shelf, but I still have the other rattle. I even stuck some foam under the jack so it won't move, didn't help.

11. Default

I have a rattle where the dome lights are next to the mirror, stops when I press it with my fingers.

Found my rattle, is the sub cover on parcel shelf, not sure if something has come loose