User Tag List

Thread: More flow for CAI

Default More flow for CAI

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about cutting out the plastic around the bottom left fog light and replacing it with some form of mest to allow more cold air straight to the pod filter which sould be based right behind it has anyone else looked into this at all ??? I have also though that maybe i could just drill some holes throught the plastic as it looks like a fake mesh as is?

I'm not sure how this would affect the housing of the fog light or whats actually behind it has any one pull it out to see?

Any info is appreciated!
    Last edited by JestaT; 20-03-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: mistake
    2006 Radiant Ebony Mazda6 MPS GG Luxury | AEM CAI |Gmax Enigma 18"x7.5 Toyo Rubber ! Kings Super Lows /
    [CENTER]

can be done - probably want to test first by removing the fog light. ive had a friend who got boost cut doing that but he had quite a few more mods then your list shows.

ive thought about it for the 3 and it looks as though the fog light plastic surronding can be removed, it cant (solid plastic behind it). So ive always left my light in there cos i dont want one side to have a light and the other not
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 20-03-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Only problem would be as well as air but also anything else that gets into that pipe will go straight to your filter...eg. water, alot more dirt and anything else small enough.

I did a similar mod with my Short Ram Intake using the existing battery vent, it worked well with the air temp, dropped it about 2 or so degrees, but also added to the dirt which got onto the filter.