User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS Handling

Default Mazda 6 MPS Handling

My Mazda 6 MPS's handing feels like poo.
    Drove my friends Civic Type R (FN2R) and the handling felt alot better than my car... the handling of my car hasn't changed since I bought it so I get a feeling it was effed up when I bought it.

Symptons are... steering wheel is stiff, hard to turn etc. It's takes effort to steer around while my friends car felt ALOT lighter. Sometimes when driving, my car will decide to steer a different direction on its own, the steering wheel just moves itself. Not very responsive or sharp. When slowing down from high speeds I can hear a loud noise that is best described as a fade in fade out noise... really hard to describe but it sounds scray.

ALL tyres are 38 psi
    Last edited by High on PSI; 24-08-2011 at 05:21 PM.

2. Default

what condition are your tyres in and also the pressure of them, the pressure in the tyres on these cars makes a huge difference. What abou your wheel alignment balance etc ... and to be fair it is a bigger, heavier car with AWD

Yeah but I can tell crap handling from good. I drove an Evo X for a few good months. It's really bad, maybe I should get a wheel alignment.
    Also after slowing down from high speeds I can hear a loud undesirable noise. Sounds like a flat tyre but going at slow speeds... Sounds really scray if you ask me. It fades in and out constantly.

All my tyres are 38 psi.
    Last edited by High on PSI; 24-08-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Lol, that's cause a Civic is a completely different car to a MPS6. Can't really compare apples and oranges. You can modify the 6 setup but I wouldn't compare it to lighter vehicles as there is no point really.

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Sometimes when driving, my car will decide to steer a different direction on its own, the steering wheel just moves itself.
    Whenever I change back to my stock wheels (and crappy tyres) this happens all the time, it's like the tyres follow the grooves of the road, especially on roads that are heavily populated by trucks, and have a tendency to move the bichumen around.
    Then when I change to my new wheels and tyres that phenomenon stops, like night and day, even on the same roads.
    Sounds like it's your tyres, might be shagged.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

Okay, well any idea about the noise after slowing down from very high speeds... I was doing 160, then slowed down and the noise was just absurd.. I'm scared a wheels going to fall off or something lol.

Tires make a big difference.
    Tire pressures make a big difference.
    Wheel alignment makes a big difference.

But the biggest difference of all is realising its not a light weight one trick pony like a corner hugging civic type R or a computer driven real life arcade game like an EVO.
    The MPS 6 is a grand touring car. Very capable in evey area, but doesn't excel in one particular field like the cars you have compared.

You can however do a few light modifications that will improve it greatly, and really give those cars a shock.

First, quality tyres.
    Second, rear sway bar (get a pro to do it)
    Third, quality bilstein shocks and eibach springs.

You will end up with a very comfy, practical and fantastic handling car.

Have you driven any other 6?

That will give you the best starting point to make any comparissons.