User Tag List

Thread: Turbo Inlet Pipe - Forgot to put hose on...

Default Turbo Inlet Pipe - Forgot to put hose on...

http://www.hitunedperformance.com/im...24%20(red).jpg

The little thing hose that comes from the gold tip on the turbo inlet pipe.. I think its the boost control vacuum line? Well when I installed the turbo inlet, I was so excited to install the SURE Motorsports Aeros SRI and I ended up forgetting to connect the boost control vacuum line back in... I drove for about 20+ km until I remembered that I had forgotten it... the drive felt normal... I plugged it back in and went for a spin around the block and that felt the same.

What is tihs hose / line for? Whats the harm from not having it on...

It's the Inlet pressure tap that goes into the boost solenoid so that it knows what pressure is entering the inlet of the turbo and so it knows how much to bleed out the waste gate to attain desired boost pressure

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so any harm?

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    so any harm?
    Probly at WOT you would maybe over boost , it just wouldn't be steady boost

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took me almost 4 hours to install the SRI because when I took out the OEM TIP the needle originally attached broke off inside the vacuum hose, and because of my short stature my back almost broke spending so much time trying to pry it out. -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    It took me almost 4 hours to install the SRI because when I took out the OEM TIP the needle originally attached broke off inside the vacuum hose, and because of my short stature my back almost broke spending so much time trying to pry it out. -_-'
    +1 the OEM hose on the tip... pain in the ass, and yeah you get a sore back for bending over like that for too long

From what I remember, so dont take it as gospel, if you dont have that little vacuum hose on, I think you run the risk of a 30psi engine explosion.

^ yep that hose off is very bad.
    Guy blew a gen 2 up in the USA because his mate snapped the plastic nipple off putting a TIP in and he drove it.
    Over Boost!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    From what I remember, so dont take it as gospel, if you dont have that little vacuum hose on, I think you run the risk of a 30psi engine explosion.
    As long as nothings happened so far, and that its back on now I should be fine?

You'd know pretty quickly if your engine overboosted to the point of explosion

If it's still running and the hose is back on, you'll be fine

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    As long as nothings happened so far, and that its back on now I should be fine?
    bro i didnt exactly the same thing when i put on my corksport s2 intake. that little boost hose was melted onto the plastic or something and snapped at the base when i pulled it out. how did u end up connecting the hose with the plastic tip broken off???

also i didnt leave the hose off i just put it on over the hole plastic bit so it wouldnt be open. Didnt get a CEL but according to my boost gauge (stock one in dash) when i WOT i dont get a full bar of boost. it custs out at about half way between 0.5 and 1..
    Last edited by 71PZY; 28-02-2013 at 09:45 AM.

12. Default

Good idea for anyone installing in the future re breaking the nipple, don't pull it off, just slice/cut it to get it off as you use a supplied hose with the replacement kit.

or buy an aftermarket boost control solenoid