User Tag List

Thread: Tyres in Sydney/Newcastle area

Default Tyres in Sydney/Newcastle area

I was quoted $340 each for these Pirellis in Newcastle today.. Anyone suggest anything else?!?!

Cheers guys!

Pirelli 215/45/18

Yeah Pirelli are expensive, I'd suggest shopping around and maybe even looking at a different brand. I got Kumho KU31's from Tyrepower at Wickham to replace P-Zero Rosso's on my car and they were good but had gone up $40ea since last time I was buying - so I bought Hankook instead which have worn pretty quickly.

I'm up for new tyres soon but not too sure which way I will lean this time, or who I will go with. But I tell you what, Regal Mazda did my wheel allignment and did a great job. Have had no problems.

Got the KU31's @ $270 a pop from Bob Janes.

I just got a price on them of $230ea at Tyrepower

Well I'm booked in for Friday morning, so u guess I could change..

You sure they're the 215/45/18??

Yeah definately, I spoke to Tom. You could always ask Bob Jane if they will match the price?

8. Default

Check out St George tyres as they did the same size tyres Pirelli Rossos for $210 each...

check out Nitto's very good tyre im trying to get use MPS guys on them, couple astra/gti mates i have love them i'll be trying out a INVO in a 225/45/18 next.

Hi there, just put Toyo T1R 235/40/18's on my 2009 3MPS after the original tyres wore off. Absolutely brilliant tyres for their price. Traction control off and I cannot make the spin, the grip is outstanding. Living in Karratha we don't get much rain so I don't know how they do in the wet, dry, they are real good especially when giving those bloody Holden GTS's a thrashing. Sooooo good!!!!

Thanks for the heads up bro, sitting in Tyrepowers waiting room now, $230 a pop.. Place around the corner 'Martys Smash' paints rims for $80 each but needs the car for 3 days, well the wheels at least.

No problem! I've dealt with them before with three different cars (including spring fitment) and have found them to be pretty good.

Mate if I wanted to lower it with say king springs, would I have to buy new shocks also? Or is it just a case of throwing the new springs on?

Should be right by just swapping the Springs over.

Not unless your shocks are toast, I have kept mine standard, but others have lowered and have gone with Bilstein shocks (there are different part numbers for standard height and also for lowered - maybe it's B6 and B8?). I'd consider Pedders or Eibach as well as Kings, I think both are probably worth considering as well.

Pedders Newcastle, 2 inch drop $600 fitted an aligned. Sounds good!