User Tag List

Thread: From the MR2 into the MPS

Default From the MR2 into the MPS

Hi Guys,

New here, after replacing my 1988 MR2 with a 6MPS. Was going to put a turbo'd 3.5 V6 into the '2, but decided that with all the money it would take, I'd rather have a car that goes hard *and* looks good

MR2 club was super social with plenty of events, so I'm looking forward to meeting you all and having some great times!

Reeve/Chris

welcome matey, hope you enjoy your MPS im sure you will one cracker of a vehicle!

and put some pics up!

A fantastic choice fine sir. But I worry, won't you get bored with a car that doesn't come out of fast corners backwards all the time? I thought that was the main appeal in owning an MR2?

Congrats and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Thanks guys ^_^ great to see a happy social forum/club here!

Heres some pics of my baby. She's stock-standard at the moment, that will hopefully slowly change. In the pics here my brother has just spent 4 hours making her shine like brand new, detailed the hell out of the car! clay barred, cut, buffed, polished and waxed! By the end of it I could've used my engine lid as a shaving mirror

And Reedy, hahahaha yes, my little MR2 did have a slight tendency for snap oversteer. The SW20 and ZZW30 (the two newer models) usually snap oversteer and come out backwards. the little AW11 I used to have snap oversteered and then just started doing 360's. Not quite the enjoyable experience it sounds like

Anywho, enjoy the pics and can't wait for the XR5/MPS cruise on the 1st! looking forward to meeting some new mates!

And some pics of the ol' Glory (very old pics, ignore the L plates :P)

Nice and shiiiny

Hope you bought your bro a beer or three, looks like he earned them

I have a soft spot too for the original MR2's. A friend of mine built one as a rally car. Was an awesome little machine all decked out in it's big mud flaps and knobbly rally tyres. Until it caught fire and burned to a cinder.... Fuel leak onto a hot engine

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Yeah they had that problem occasionally, a few Aus delivered supercharged models blew oil lines onto the manifolds, whoops?

And yeah, he earnt himself some stubbies that day

9. Default Beers?

Um, where's my beers bro?

*Ahem* I bought them for you.....then they sat in my fridge to long......and I drank them....

Buy you some more?

Bahahahahahahah!