User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel spin

1. Default

A lot of reviews aren't very positive for them - Perhaps get a brisvegasian to ride along and check it out? It definitely sounds odd to me.

Hey Siddo, I'll pull out the handycam, we can get some live action. Where you based?

Yeah might do that... maybe on the next cruise meet

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Im based in Logan Brisbane

Cool, always after an excuse to film some car action.

Actually, I dont think Queensland has a cruise booked in

Hopefully one comes along soon. I wouldn't mind getting some action shots of my car.

Another Northside breakfast perhaps?

Hey Siddo,

I had the same problem with my left front on left handed corners. The front left wheel would spin almost everytime with just a little squirt.
    I recently got new tyres and asked the dude who fitted & balanced the new tyres & wheel aligned if there could be anything done about it.

He told me that when wheel alignment is done the normal toe-in for most cars is negative, around -1.5 or so this is for mum & dad drivers??. For the problem of spinning my left wheel which is very common for FWD he changed my toe-in to 0 and slightly adjusted the rear wheels to suit. This meant the front wheels have more purchase on the road and with good rubber the chances of spinning is reduced.

Since having this done I have not spun at all, however with new rubber I try to keep it to a minimum anyways

Cheers

Sam

This means th

The inside wheel spinning through corners is a characteristic of the diff in our cars. It just does that, theres nothing you can do to change that outside getting a proper LSD fitted.

I find the inside left is a little bit worse at the track but its hard to say whether thats just because of the track layout. The drive system in our cars is not properly symmentrical either so a slight bias one way is not impossible.

Inside wheel spin out of corners is normal, one wheel spinning on an otherwise straight and flat road is a bit harder to diagnose provided the tyres are evenly worn. If you want a mechanical solution to funky torque vectoring and unbalanced traction then youll need to spend big money upgrading your front diff, wheel spin is still gonna happen tho, any car with power will do it, you just need to drive within its limits.

Just get better tyres if you have traction problems, it's highly unlikely it's being caused by any kind of mechanical fault. Much more likely to just be a characteristic of the car.
    Last edited by Reedy; 01-09-2011 at 10:29 AM.

10. Default

Mazdaspeed 3 Burnout - YouTube

I have found the LSD works pretty good in my car, (not as good as my old skyline though)
    guy in video has no problems either :-D
    Last edited by cargle; 16-09-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12