User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raced a Commodore ss last night

1. Default Raced a Commodore ss last night

So I dragged a commodore ss last night. Didn't realise those things were so quick. It was very even but until I changed into third and gave it, he annihilated me. Never felt my car so slow in third anymore. Aren't Mps 3s mean't to be quicker than a porsche 911 in third gear? I'm talking about getting absolutely demolished in third. I shifted perfectly as well.

I felt really embaressed afterwards :'(

You never know what work that car might have had done to it. SS commodores have long legs in a straight line but I eat them alive at track days.

In theory it's a good matchup but the MPS getting smashed comes as a bit of a surprise.

You are talking about the drag strip aren't you??
    We wouldnt condone street racing.

Depends what was done to it really.. You can make big power with one of those!

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Default

I am fairly sure it was stock. Didn't hear anything really and car looked absolutely stock. By the end of 3rd gear, he was about a car and a bit in front of me. He just bolted after I shifted into third.

But I am sure on a track it would be much more competitive. I would have to say I was very surprised. I actually remember in my mates car a while back (subaru wrx my09), he dragged a ss ute and he was a bit in front and once it hit 3rd the ute soared past (both cars had a person in the passenger seat). Those v8 engines must be something.

depends what work you hav done to your car too

Mmm, my 6MPS at the time was pretty much stock with only an intake and SSP to help me out.

Managed to twang a few Commonwhores here and there, so maybe, just maybe the Crapadore you went up against was done up a bit?

7. Default

Hmm, my car is stock as a rock. I am confident that the SS was as well but I guess I could be wrong. And that is surprising chuckie cheese. I thought that the MPS3 were quicker than the 6 equivalent. Maybe I am just a terrible driver lol. But there were other factors involved I guess that may have played a key role. Nevertheless, I love the scream of the MPS. Sounds fantastic.

U would be surprised, i once matched an SS ute and those things are quick in a straight line speed.

yeh i had a cars length on a vz ss ute it had exhaust not sure bout extractors and it was lowered and I was stock and with a catback exhaust.... wouldnt mind giving one a run next weekend after my dp and 3" exhaust goes in and hypertech tune in my 6

We all love our MPS, but they aren't the fastest car on the road.
    The SS is a pretty Damn quick car, on paper they are quicker than our cars.
    And comparing cars is pretty difficult to do.
    Was he a better driver than you, worse than you, was he trying as hard, etc etc.
    That goes for on the street or the track.
    Unless both cars have the same driver, its pointless.

you can get quite a bit of power out of the current SS's, extractors, exhaust and basic tune, you're pushing a good 300kw+ atw
    stock for stock a mps might give a SS a scare, but you can get better %age gains out of one of those things for less money than a MPS...

Ive run against mitch's VZ SS ute on the fly.

We went from about 100km/h odd, and even mine with its built in insanity is only a bit faster.

V8's have masses of torque, and once the speed starts building they tend to walk us lol.

I bet the other guy didnt expect your 4 cylinder to be as close to his big V8

Wanna kept up with them?...MOAR mods

i have no problems destroying stock SS's HSV's or FPV's

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    No Shit!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

SS are just the NA V6 right?

Na v8

Quote Originally Posted by high on psi View Post
    ss are just the na v6 right?
    lol!!!

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Ive run against mitch's VZ SS ute on the fly.

We went from about 100km/h odd, and even mine with its built in insanity is only a bit faster.

V8's have masses of torque, and once the speed starts building they tend to walk us lol.
    masses of wheel spin, sideways and speed building lol auto does suck balls for a compare but many v8's are let down by the knob driving them lol

just not a nimble car or as user friendly as the mps. Sneaking up wont score you credit! (jason) :P lol
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Gee, wonder why lol.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

I find it hard to beleive that MPS would have issue with a commie or ford. VZ SV8 pulled along side me in the NEO overtaking me from a T intersection and only just pulled away!!! stardard vs standard once away MPS will beat these.. i have no doubt

Never bothered in the MPS, had no need to see how quick it is!! i laugh when people try lol..
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 21-08-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast