User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raced a Commodore ss last night

I usually stick with V8's and in some cases I've pulled on some in 3rd. In saying that I've had hard times with some 6 cylinders. Beating a Clubsport R8 off the line makes them pretty upset. It's no challenge on the CBR when all is see is Christmas lights (headlights) in my mirrors.

My opinion...for 6.0L and 4 more cylinders, those FPV's and HSV are all sound...I would be disappointed to have burned 5L worth of fuel just to be able to pull away from a vehicle with an engine half the size.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

i tend to walk some SS's modded or not but yeah some are freaks big $$$ there

My best mate has a VE SS. Ive driven his car a few times & he has driven mine. He has told me that he thinks the MPS is quicker..........

He must of been worked because I have left 317Kw Clubsports behind and slowed down in 3rd to have another run and we both couldn't get over it, we stayed in touch but I etched in front and pulled away and then he would pull me in but never passed me but who knows how it would of panned out winding it out ????

i used to own a VZ SS before the MPS. Had the same mods as my MPS on the SS. KnN intake, zorst mods, mafless tune by HPF (both cars tuned there). With MPS i get 180kw atw, with the SS I had 260rwkw. Big difference if you ask me. I ran a 12.6 with the SS and a 13.7 with the MPS. And as said earlier, on paper stock for stock, they are quicker anyhow. I still dont see where a MPS would beat a porsche 911 lol?? They run a 11.9 stock 0-400m.

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    i used to own a VZ SS before the MPS. Had the same mods as my MPS on the SS. KnN intake, zorst mods, mafless tune by HPF (both cars tuned there). With MPS i get 180kw atw, with the SS I had 260rwkw. Big difference if you ask me. I ran a 12.6 with the SS and a 13.7 with the MPS. And as said earlier, on paper stock for stock, they are quicker anyhow. I still dont see where a MPS would beat a porsche 911 lol?? They run a 11.9 stock 0-400m.
    faster in 3rd, 80-120km/hr 3 seconds flat vs 3.2 seconds
    thats about it
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I was once about a car length behind a cammed GTO coupe... It spat flames on gear changes so i was happy to keep that close to him lol

8. Default

some good discussions and some sure did make me laugh lol. I think it proves that I am a crap driver and a rookie in this. Like I said, it was pretty even with maybe me a touch in front for the first 2 gears but what really surprised me when I shifted into 3rd how he just munched me lol. As SarcasticOne said, the MPS is quicker than a Porche 911 in 3rd gear (3 seconds as opposed to 3.2). I know past 4th gear and so an SS would munch me even more but I was surprised that in 3rd I was munched especially that is where the true fun occurs for an MPS.

But of course, I would rather by 4 cylinder MPS than a big v8 that probably consumes twice as much fuel for not much difference.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    SS are just the NA V6 right?
    hahahaha.

I've got a bit of a story to share which is a bit embarrassing too. Went against a Astra SRi Turbo TS (older model). I had wheel-spin galore in 1st and 2nd (tyres are pretty bald so I lost a bit of time). Anyway in 3rd we were pretty even, I couldn't shake him off. I was about a bonnet length ahead by the end.

Are these things supposed to have heaps of mid-range go like the MPS's do? Anyone had experiences with these?

Oh this was on the track ofcourse....

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    SS are just the NA V6 right?
    shit I was thinking of the SV6 lol

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    I've got a bit of a story to share which is a bit embarrassing too. Went against a Astra SRi Turbo TS (older model). I had wheel-spin galore in 1st and 2nd (tyres are pretty bald so I lost a bit of time). Anyway in 3rd we were pretty even, I couldn't shake him off. I was about a bonnet length ahead by the end.

Are these things supposed to have heaps of mid-range go like the MPS's do? Anyone had experiences with these?

Oh this was on the track ofcourse....
    These are the boxy shape yeah? Not the same shape as the VXR came in?

If it is there are a few going around with big mods i know of 4 or 5 (from opel aus) that have about 160fwkw (big numbers for them).
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Yeah that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    These are the boxy shape yeah? Not the same shape as the VXR came in?

If it is there are a few going around with big mods i know of 4 or 5 (from opel aus) that have about 160fwkw (big numbers for them).

Funny this thread come about.. I was taking off at the lights and got to second and a Walkinshaw GTS came blaring past so I decided to give it some, he didn't get away by too much in the end bout a car length and he had rolling start...mind you not sure if he was giving it all.

I pulled up at the lights last night next to a beat up TE magna ('97'ish) saw it have twin exhaust, I knew that's was a bit odd as It was my first car. Anyway I saw him looking over out of the corner of my eye, the lights went green and I lit the turbo up and and he sat dead next to me until the top of 3rd I couldn't believe it! Then we both had to brake as the road went from 2 lanes to 1 on a bland corner I managed to find the balls to brake later than he did but after the corner we both went at it again and he sat right on my ass the whole time ... Must have had dome serious work done under the bonnet !

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Raffa, was it purple?

I was sitting at marysville the other day and 4 or 5 had a cruise going some sound like that have serious work

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    Yeah that's it.
    Some are pretty narly light weight too
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Speaking of racing comodores I raced a vy ss commo..
    Was cruising in 3rd and his Geeing me up so I started gunning it and this guy dropped a gear and flew past me.. Pulled up next to him and his like 9 second car and I was like dayummm! Sounded so sexy!

*and then he put his red and blue lights on*

You guys are game going up against late model commodores. Unmarked's here in Vic prey off this sort of stuff

Unless it was on a racetrack of course

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Yea man def race course d(0.0)b

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Yeah it was James, he turned off towards laverton so he's clearly a drug dealer

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast