User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Carpet Cleaning

Default Car Carpet Cleaning

Hey All, I'm after some advice/experince on anyone who has cleaned thier intertior carpets with more than the average vacuum cleaner.

The car is smelling a bit stuffy, no matter how much dry vacumming I've done, or cleaning products like leather care I've applied. The OCD in me wants to get a steam cleaner into the floor caprpets and even the material/non leath part of the seat, but I'm well aware of the cabling under the carpets etc.

Thanks.
    Brad

Mine needs doing too thanks Brad

---
    - Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....

Mine needs doing too Brad.

When you know, let me know.

Wheres Joel lol

To the ZAS Cave!!

Lol

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Yep was wondering if it was just my car, could do with the same. I would describe the smell as wet dog at times.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Brad, this is my post in this thread

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/detai...3-carpets.html

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    This is what I use Family Vax

Not only is it a powerful vacuum cleaner, it has a wet and dry function. Simply mix the Vax cleaning product into the water and you can wet vacuum you seats and carpets. You can actually see dirty water flow up the tubes from penetrating the carpet and sucking the dirt out. Great for household use too. My 2 cents on vacuum cleaners anyway
    Obviously you all probably don't want to go buy a new vaccum cleaner but I like seeing brown dirty water flowing through the rubber hoses as I apply the nozzle to desired area cause that's all coming out of my seat and effectively cleaning it!

So far its the most effective way of cleaning my car and lifting any given smell. Works much better than just about any spray on product that simply masks the scent...for a while

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

So its not just me then, cool. Occasionally you'll see a Coles/Woolies hire a type of carpet cleaning system out the front near the smokes. But just concerned they spit too much water. Might look and see if anyone hires the Vac you mentioned. I do remember the thread now, but we just bought a little Dyson 6 months ago. It rocks.

But yes, seeing brown water come back up the tube would be very satisfying

Seeing brown water may be a put off for some, but you wanna see that stuff coming out as you know its doing the job! I can't find a video of the cleaning in progress, I can only say from experience, but this is a short video of our VAX (similar model)

And, I kid you not...my MPS and other vehicles I've cleaned look similar to this. This was AFTER using products you find at supercheap auto to clean my carpets (again similar clip to get an idea)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I'd like to hire one...

KENNARDS HIRE - Vacuum Cleaner - Industrial

Might be a little too industrial.

I reckon that might be ok. Joel at ZAS might have some better info as he's in the know, but I don't fancy those products claiming to get rid of dog odour, dirt etc cause I don't see how a surface spray can do that much. The VAX penetrates the seats and you can see the colour lighten as you do it removing the dirt.

11. Default

rogwick i think this vacume cleaner is good man.

If you're in brisbane my brother is a car detailer, can shampoo/clean your carpets and explain the whole thing to you if you're keen. He doesn't use a steam cleaner, uses a wet vac, it does leave carpet/seats very slightly damp (fine to sit on) but you wouldn't want to wet vac the car and then leave it sitting in the sun with the windows rolled up for 6 hours - it does leave minute traces of moisture behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    If you're in brisbane my brother is a car detailer, can shampoo/clean your carpets and explain the whole thing to you if you're keen. He doesn't use a steam cleaner, uses a wet vac, it does leave carpet/seats very slightly damp (fine to sit on) but you wouldn't want to wet vac the car and then leave it sitting in the sun with the windows rolled up for 6 hours - it does leave minute traces of moisture behind.
    That's sounds like the go. PM'd
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Sorry for my late entry here guys! Brad how much is it going to cost you to hire a machine? You might find it might be cheaper or at least the same price to pay a detailer to come out and do it for you.

For example (this guy is in Sydney though) from $120

Interior Detail - Interior vacuum, seat, mats and carpet shampooed, roof lining cleaned, trim, dash and console cleaned, deodorised, windows cleaned

Car Detailing Services & Prices | Superior Shine

15. Default

Heya Brad if you have not got someone out to do it yet and you are thinking about getting Reeve's Brother I need mine done as well so if you are keen we can get him out to do both car's at my place and we can sit back and supervise while drinking some good scotch haha. If anyone else wants to join in we can get a BBQ cranking as well. Depending how many he can do in a day. Maybe he might give a good price if we can get a few done in the same day
    Vote for me at Focus-Gallery.de
    Electric Orange, No leather, No Sunroof, Custom Intake, Skunkzorst 3" cat back, 3" dump pipe with 550cfm Race Cat, Airtec Gen3 IC, ChipTorque Custom Tune, H&R Lowered Springs, Whiteline Adjustable Rear Swaybar, KU36 235/40/18. Soon to be added Bilstein Shocks, EBC Red Pads, Slotted Rotors, hopefully a quaife.166kw

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOrange View Post
    Heya Brad if you have not got someone out to do it yet and you are thinking about getting Reeve's Brother I need mine done as well so if you are keen we can get him out to do both car's at my place and we can sit back and supervise while drinking some good scotch haha. If anyone else wants to join in we can get a BBQ cranking as well. Depending how many he can do in a day. Maybe he might give a good price if we can get a few done in the same day
    Great plan. Spring is in the air!

Any other dirt interiors out there?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Great plan. Spring is in the air!

Any other dirt interiors out there?
    I am keen although mine will be far dirtier then most given it is a family car. So you must promise not to kick me out of the group when you see the inside lol.

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Could be interested, will watch the thread

if you guys are keen I'll have a chat to my brother. How many he can do depends on whether he's doing full details (Exteriors as well as interiors) or just the interiors, and again, if he's just doing the carpets or if he's doing the full interior (dressing vinyl, cleaning/feeding leather etc). Basically get me numbers and I'll chat to him, or get him to sign up so he can talk to you guys directly

if you're wondering if he does good work, have a look at my MPS6 thread here http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/new-m...-into-mps.html or at his facebook page Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

I'd be interested in price for a full interior including seats (half leather). Exterior gets a little bit of love but not the interior...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast