User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car Carpet Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Big thanks to Ben at Perfection Detailing. He came out this morning, a Sunday at 8 ( on the dot!!).

He did the boot, boot liner, front seats, all the mats, floor carpet, coffee stained drink holder , leather conditioning on the front seats plus a little love for the steering wheel.

Really energetic about what he does, he has a turbo in the family (Subaru, "cough") so has a passion like us.

The car smells fantastic. No longer the smelly socks. And he cleaned out a stain on the drivers seat, one
    I've been embarrassed about for a while, but couldn't rid myself (its got nothing to do with the color, i was just worried to try too many products to remove it...)

I'm not sure how dirty the water was from the wet/dry Vac, bet it was filthy.

Nice work Ben!
    changed ya pollen filter lately ?
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

I think carpet shampoo will be a good option for car carpet cleaning. Carpet shampoo is one of the upholstery cleaners that are extensively used to clean not only the upholstery of the car seats but also the carpet of the car. Before using the carpet shampoo, use a wet-dry vacuum cleaner to vacuum the carpet. This would free the carpet of minute dust particles including hair, paper bits and sand. Use a scrub brush to rub in the shampoo foam into the carpet. Use as little water as possible when scrubbing the carpet. Once you have cleared the dirt and stains from the carpet, rinse the carpet well to remove the suds. The last step is to vacuum the carpet using wet-dry vacuum cleaner. Dry the car carpet well, prior to using it again. Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel is very good product for car carpet cleaning.

Last edited by ericmack459; 27-08-2013 at 04:18 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ericmack459 View Post
    I think carpet shampoo will be a good option for car carpet cleaning. Carpet shampoo is one of the upholstery cleaners that are extensively used to clean not only the upholstery of the car seats but also the carpet of the car. Before using the carpet shampoo, use a wet-dry vacuum cleaner to vacuum the carpet. This would free the carpet of minute dust particles including hair, paper bits and sand. Use a scrub brush to rub in the shampoo foam into the carpet. Use as little water as possible when scrubbing the carpet. Once you have cleared the dirt and stains from the carpet, rinse the carpet well to remove the suds. The last step is to vacuum the carpet using wet-dry vacuum cleaner. Dry the car carpet well, prior to using it again. Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel is very good product for car carpet cleaning.
    Good write up Eric, however if you want to do it professionally I would use a hepa filtered vacuum cleaner with a turbo brush on it (dyson would do the trick) to get all dry particles out as much as possible. As per what kind of cleaning product you can go up to 10.5 ph as carpets in our cars are polyester.

Most upholstery cleaners run 6.5-8.5 ph to be safe to use on materials like wool/silk as those fibre types use vegetable dyes which can run (mind you we can use up to 10.5 ph chemicals on our seats and they won't run because they are solution dyed.)

In short stick to a stronger chemical and extract well.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    Good write up Eric, however if you want to do it professionally I would use a hepa filtered vacuum cleaner with a turbo brush on it (dyson would do the trick) to get all dry particles out as much as possible. As per what kind of cleaning product you can go up to 10.5 ph as carpets in our cars are polyester.

Most upholstery cleaners run 6.5-8.5 ph to be safe to use on materials like wool/silk as those fibre types use vegetable dyes which can run (mind you we can use up to 10.5 ph chemicals on our seats and they won't run because they are solution dyed.)

In short stick to a stronger chemical and extract well.
    Good one Dan..

Btw, Dan is the man when it comes to carpet and upholstery cleaning in Sydney as he runs his own business..

FULLY SICK TAPAROO...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ericmack459 View Post
    Eric knows his stuff.

I would definitely recommend vacuuming the carpet extremely well before any sort of shampooing or liquid is added.

Even try using a little rotating brush or turbo head upholstery tool on the vacuum too, that will actially beat a lot of the dirt and dust out of the pile of the carpet.

I work at Godfreys and we sell a machine called the bissell little green which is a purpose made upholstery shampooer. Brilliant for scrubbing the carpet and extracting any of the shampoo from the carpet too. The real key is to extract all the muck from the base of the carpet.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Since we're on the topic of carpets and shampoo, Optimum have just released a new product. Optimum Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant https://zas.com.au/product_browse.ph...word&x=26&y=18

For normal use you dilute it 3 parts water with 1 part concentrate. Obviously best results with a machine, but it can be used by hand. It cleans and leaves a polymer coating behind.

Good for anyone who has had some kind of fabric protection applied and needs to clean a spill without removing the protection. Usually cleaners will remove the fabric coating. This cleaner cleans, and seals again in the one action.

7. Default

That's pretty cool I didn't know you could have a cleaner and protector in the one chemical. Be interesting to see a review on it

One of the earlier options mentioned was going with a steam cleaner. I can recommend this, as it's the most reliable way (in my opinion) to release gunk and other stuff from the individual carpet fibers. There is a video here that shows how one can clean their car (exterior and interior) with the use of a steam cleaner.

As far as I know, there's no specific attachments/accessories specifically needed to clean your car completely with a steam cleaner, just seems to be a standard steam cleaner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123