User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rims + Paint = Win!

Quote Originally Posted by ra2o View Post
    It is a shame that Troy is not situated in Melb! I want this done to my mod too!!! btw is that DGR coil? And is that the lowest it can go? Look sick man!
    Mine in DGR coils. You could go lower, depends on your offset/tyre width.

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Brad, that set-up looks so hawt! are the Sumitomos 225? I'm thinking of KU36's @ 235 but not sure whether i can go as low as you with this size...

Hey Ben,
    How you finding the ride at that height. I'm having Troy fit coilovers next week end and like you're ride height. Also are they stock tyres?

Looks even hotter in real life

Ride height is pretty sweet as is, want to go lower but it's my daily and my front bar gets touched up pretty regularly as it is now lol. I've got 235s but there is hardly any difference, as Troy will tell you it's dependent on the shape of the sidewall, the ku31s I have are very upright in profile compared to the stock dunlops. I havent tried a full car but there looks like there is enough clearance and with the stock rims Troy assures me they wont scrub the guard, if you went to aftermarket rims with more offset than the story would change of course. Hope this helps you?

Thanks mate BTW have the ku31's helped with traction off the line?

I can't really compare as I bought the car with shagged OEMs. The ku31s are less grippy on paper 320 wear rating vs the dunlops' 240. If you're after grip over longevity, ku36s sound like the shiz.

8. Default

Nice work on the rims, looks pretty close to the real deal...

Hmm I like this colour and thinking of paintin my rims. I have. GenII 3MPS in Black Mica 16W.

I was going to go black on black, but this colour seems dark enough to give the desired effect but is different enough to create a slight contrast

Do you have the paint code for this??

Peter "SLIXX"

From a Google search I think it's:

Mazda Magnum Gray Metallic - 27k

See following link: 2009 Mazda All Models Touch Up Paint Colors

Thanks mate. I hope it is dark enough. I really want it dark without having to go to black. As appears dark up against the Velocity Red but may not on my Black Mica.

I guess it is hard to tell on the screen. I guess I'll see it up close and personal.

Peter "SLIXX"

Rims look awesome mate, just wondering how you sprayed the centre cap and was able to meep the mazda badge?

Quote Originally Posted by MATMPS View Post
    Rims look awesome mate, just wondering how you sprayed the centre cap and was able to meep the mazda badge?
    The Gen 2 centre cap has a removable chrome piece. Gen 1 doesn't.
    I'm unsure about the 6 MPS, but, I'd say it doesn't either.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Cx7 chrome bits are removable in centre cap

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

RX8 Series 1 rims don't have the chrome removable either by the looks

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

dude!!!.....thats looks tight.. how much did it cost you to get that done? and where?

woah that looks awesome! Great Job.. just wondering... so is the colour Metropolitan Grey Mica or Magnum grey? cos i can see that Metropolitan Grey Metallic is a standard mazda colour but cant seem to find the magnum grey?

Cheers!

Hi, been a bit slack of late, for pricing and colours, you'll have PM 2XS, he sprayed them in "Magnum Grey", will have to dbl check!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12