User Tag List

Thread: Mps6 Black with gold speck

Default Mps6 Black with gold speck

Hey everyone,

I've just bought a 2006 Mps 6 after test driving it 3 days ago! It was awesome to say the least.

I'm a Fireman and know little about what goes on under the hood of a car, as embarrassing as it is! So I look forward to learning as much as possible from you guys.

So, what's the first thing I should do?

Air intake/filter? Paint the stock wheels a gloss black?

Look forward to hearing any suggestions...

Cheers,

Flynny

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-32.927617,151.768780

Congrats on your buy and welcome to OZMPS.. nothing embarrassing about not knowing the car at all

Whats the color of your ride? (makes it easier for us to suggest the color of your wheels)

Performance wise? (very much dependent on your stash as well as what you have in mine)

Hey mate and welcome!

As a fireman if you see smoke under the hood, its not that bad...just your turbo seals are rooted!

I got few ideas in terms of mods....what do you wanna know?! Black MPS6 right?

Hey fellas, cheers for the welcome.

Yeah it's a black Mps 6 06' model. I don't want to go overboard just a few things here and there to make it a bit of a head turner and get the most out of the engine.. I should be able to get 200kw pretty easily yeah?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-32.927910,151.769019

How do I get rid of that 'I am here' google maps reference? I turned geotagging off in settings?!??

I don't want people knowing where my car is!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-32.927910,151.769019

Quote Originally Posted by Newcastle MPS6 View Post
    I'm a Fireman and know little about what goes on under the hood of a car, as embarrassing as it is! So I look forward to learning as much as possible from you guys.

Air intake/filter? Paint the stock wheels a gloss black?

Look forward to hearing any suggestions...

Cheers,

Flynny

dont worry about being useless under the bonnet, it's very hard to beat me
    depends what you want out of the car
    200kw at the wheels will be a struggle, with the AWD loss you'll possibly need a new turbo to do so...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hi and welcome

Not sure how to get rid of the "I am here" , attempted to edit you signature but its not a signature as such, just a add-on to the post.

200kW atw. Depends how much money you have? If you look at the mods on my sig my estimates put me well below 200kW atw.
    As sam suggested, bigger turbo, tune and FMIC/TMIC should put you in that ball park. Have to spend a bit of coin though. The MPS6 is around 140kW atw stock I believe.

HI and welcome fellow novocastrian.... im about 50 mins drive from you, there are a few around here in the Hunter good to see more..

200kw front mount intercooler, SRI, DP, Tune.. these are the 4 things will get you there..

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    HI and welcome fellow novocastrian.... im about 50 mins drive from you, there are a few around here in the Hunter good to see more..

200kw front mount intercooler, SRI, DP, Tune.. these are the 4 things will get you there..
    But turbo will help look at BNR if you dont want anything crazy
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I'm looking at some black style tail lights, can anyone point me in the direction of some good ones. Mpsgarage.com.au has a pair for $445, but I'd prefer some a little cheaper.

cheers.

Thoughts black style tail lights are well worth it! They LED lights and make you look like a HSV!!
    Have a look here to see what they look like on our black cars
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...tml#post185487

Yeah boiiiiiiiii! They look pretty sweet!

How do I get me some of those bad boys?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.816352,151.182588

I'll keep my eye out for your car...I also own an MPS6 and am from Newy. Good luck with the mods

They are the tail lights from MPSGARAGE, I got them from a group buy and it was only $340