User Tag List

Thread: Dumb girl questions!

Default Dumb girl questions!

What is an Ecutek tune, how does it affect/change the car and where do you get it done?

I was parked next to a Skyline that was running with no one in it. It then stopped after about 5 minutes. Is this a turbo timer cooler? Why do our MPS's not have this? Do they need it?

an ecutek is a computer program they use to talk to your car's computer and change different variables in it to make more power/use less fuel... it's ~$2000 to get it done
    im not 100% certain of the difference between things like mazedit that HPF uses vs ecutek
    not sure who has it in victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I was parked next to a Skyline that was running with no one in it. It then stopped after about 5 minutes. Is this a turbo timer cooler? Why do our MPS's not have this? Do they need it?
    Yeah your spot on its a turbo timer , which is basically a method to allow the turbo to cool at a steady pace if you were driving enthusiastically before parking it up. If you see a section of the MPS manual it mentions to keep rev's below 2 thousand rpm for approx 40 seconds before turning off after driving up a hill or carrying a heavy load. No standard turbo cars have turbo timers, and if you follow mazda's guides they shouldn't unless its a highly modified.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Turbo timers, total wank value.
    My old car had a oil temp gauge and if I let it idle (cool down) the temps would actually increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    What is an Ecutek tune, how does it affect/change the car and where do you get it done? .....
    Have you considered a Hypertech flash tune. Probably not as good as an ECUtek tune, but at least it's reversible.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Have you considered a Hypertech flash tune. Probably not as good as an ECUtek tune, but at least it's reversible.
    Yeah but what will it do?

Make car go faster.

also remove the factory set power limited in the first couple of gears

Where would I get this done in Vic and how much would it cost?

Contact Jeff from Advancespeed on the forums, I think he still has the Hypertech units in stock, and for a cheap price too. Once pricing and shipping is out of the way, it's as simple as plug and play. There's a section (or multiple) on the Hypertech, check it out!

It's good value for what it's worth by the way.

Here's a link to the Hypertech unit.
    Hypertech Max Energy Sport Power Programmer

Last edited by Chuckie Cheese; 15-08-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

hypertech is literally a 5 minute job