User Tag List

Thread: Funny issue with my MPS3

Default Funny issue with my MPS3

Lately, a weird issue has cropped up with my MPS3. Its since I had the hypertech installed and have been monitoring with a DashBoss.

The issue happens after my MPS has not been used for a few hours. When i start it up, I turn it to the 'on' position and wait for all the lights on the dash to disappear. Nowadays, on the first time turning to the on position, the immobiliser light tends to flash and I have to turn the key back to an off position and turn it back on (which means I need to turn it to the on position twice to solve this issue). If i don't turn it back to the off position I cant start the car.

The other part of this issue is sometimes when and if the immobiliser light doesnt come on, the traction control light comes on instead and doesnt turn off. In this instance the car can start.

Just a very weird issue. Anybody had this issue before? An ECU issue?

Im running the Hypertech and no issues like that at all.

I would try to return the car to its stock tune and see if still does it then flash it with the Hypertech and unplug the battery for a few minutes the see what happens.

Try disconnecting the negative battery lead overnight.

I'm running the Hypertech also & had some issues with CELS, did this & all fixed.

Obviously return the tune back to stock first...