User Tag List

Thread: cleaning tints and interior windows

1. Default cleaning tints and interior windows

Hi guys,

I recently cleaned my windows with some window cleaner, and everytime the car fogs up i can see all the wipe marks that i made and it doesnt look very clean, even though its spotless. There are no tints on these windows yet. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get rid of the streaks, will hot water and a rag work just as well as window clear and not look ugly(especially the windscreen, when it fogs up?

I am getting them tinted next week and would like these marks removeed and not to show up when it fogs through the tins, although i doubt they will. i dont want to put the tints on until i get it as clean as possible, last time i got my windows tinted they didnt clean the windows and it looked like crap, those guys dont always clean it for you when you bring your car in.

Thanks in advance guys.

Window cleaner and scrunched up newspaper to clean and dry it.
    Rub it in until it disappears.
    Streak free motoring.

Once you get your tints DO NOT!! use window cleaner!! It contains ammonia and will degrade the tints irreparably. It goes without saying that you will need to remove all traces of window cleaner before the tints go on.

Believe it or not Mr Sheen is the cheapest and most effective easily obtainable cleaning agent for tints.

Leon

This is what I use for detailing

http://www.zas.com.au/product/193/me...ml_aa6316.html

Ammonia free

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Red View Post
    Once you get your tints DO NOT!! use window cleaner!! It contains ammonia and will degrade the tints irreparably.
    You are right, but also wrong. The term "window cleaner" is too general.

Your typical household window cleaner will do exactly what you said. Proper automotive window cleaners do not contain ammonia.

6. Default

you have to use meguar's cleaning product for the windows it works great.

7. Default

is iso-propyl alcohol ok for tinted windows?