User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MPS 3 Race car.

Default MPS 3 Race car.

Hi All,

I am new here, but after racing nissan's for a fair while I have made the change to the mighty Mazda 3 MPS!
    I stumbled across this site while surfing the net and found some useful information on it for my new car.
    Cheers.

Hi and welcome

Post up some pics of your car

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Welcome buddy! As above, love to see some pics

Racing MPS's.....You are a god sir lol.

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see some pics and maybe even vids of your car in action.

Please let this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

What category are you racing in? Track ready MPS's are quite rare so you are a god already around here lol.

Welcome.
    I saw this car on my105 for sale.
    Love to see it in action.
    I sense a cruise in the making.
    PLEASE let us know when/where you are racing.
    We might not be the sexiest cheer squad going around, but we are the most enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Welcome.
    We might not be the sexiest cheer squad going around, but we are the most enthusiastic.
    Amen...................................
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Welcome.
    This is the car.I actually raced this car long before I owned it and helped develop it.
    If you watched Speedweek today it was on it for the wakefield 300.(6th Outright)
    After driving the car I became addicted to the torque of the MPS and had to have it .
    I will put photos up later just getting used to the forum thing.
    Last edited by dareya; 14-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.

You are a gift from god.

What kind of lap times does this car run at wakefield park? http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2011.WAKE.R22 - Got it, 1:09 best lap in Wakefield 300.
    What regulations/tyres/mods are allowed in this class, and can you give us a bit of an insight into what's been done to improve this cars racetrack performance vs stock?
    What do you wish you could do to it that regulations won't allow?
    Last edited by Reedy; 14-08-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Think i saw this car at Wakefield when i went for my trackday a while back...it was on the back of a trailer. Had abit of damage on the rear right hand side. Drove past me and i gave a thumbs up. May or may not have been you though.

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    May or may not have been you though.
    It was almost definitely at least one of these things.

lolz yea it was def an mps3 lol

I hope we can be a valuable source of information.

interesting car, hope to hear more about it

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    You are a gift from god.

What kind of lap times does this car run at wakefield park? NATSOFT Race Result - Got it, 1:09 best lap in Wakefield 300.
    What regulations/tyres/mods are allowed in this class, and can you give us a bit of an insight into what's been done to improve this cars racetrack performance vs stock?
    What do you wish you could do to it that regulations won't allow?
    We had to run to a lap time at wakefield within our class,if we had of broken into 1.08 we would have been penalised.Spec r tyres is all thats allowed tyre wise.This car is production car rules so standard boost re flash at the moment ,about to change that? MCA suspension , AP Brakes quaife diff etc.
    More development to come.
    Last edited by dareya; 14-08-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Ahh so you do have a Quaife, that's the big question I wanted to ask. Are you able to quantify what affect on lap times the LSD had? One of the guys on MSF does autocross with his speed3 and is one of the only people I know of that has fitted a quaife and talked about it. His words are that it basically eliminates power understeer if driven properly but it punishes you harder if you stuff a corner up.

I really want to hear about things that give a measurable benefit to the cars performance, we really do lack a lot of data in that sense around here. Every man and his dog has a suspension kit these days but exactly what helps and what doesn't is what I really want to filter out.

My Operation: Car Make Go Faster Thread will benefit a lot from any experience you are willing to share =)
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...go-faster.html
    Last edited by Reedy; 15-08-2011 at 09:06 AM.

sounds like a sweet car..

keen to see more photos and hear more details on mods!

Welcome

Cant believe how much interest is in the car?I got on here to learn from you guys who have had the experience with these cars.I have removed the exede piggy back and will be changing to Haltech interceptor.
    I currently have a Racepak Data logging Dash which I am removing from my old race car and installing in the MPS.Its needs more testing as I am not happy with the current wheel alignment.
    The mazda loves fuel and plenty of it.Obviously I wont put everything on here as I compete against others and some things just need to be kept to yourself.
    Thanks for all the welcome wishes and I have loaded some pictures on my profile.
    Cheers

You're doing, frankly, what many of us here would love to do of we had the time and money

There's a lot of great info on this site as you've no doubt already worked out, and good people too. We're a pretty supportive community and it's things like this that really grab our attention

No doubt you'll be able to provide lots of insight into your successes and failures with the race car (hopefully many more of the former than the latter ).

Cheers,

Dan

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast