User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPS 3 Race car.

1. Default

Reedy. I have installed Quife LSD on my Gen 1 MPS. The answer is yes. I havent been to race track yet but I drive very hard on the mountain road at late night. My impression on standard GKN LSD was not enough to handle the power so the diff vibrates when you go around sharp coners. But since I installed Helical LSD everything goes very smooth and sometimes the car wants to oversteer. I have read the Japanese MAZDA MPS development project journal and found that the front antiroll bar strength is stronger than rear therefore the standerd MPS meant to understeer. However this LSD changed from understeer to oversteer. I know that Ford Forcus chassis is very good but mazda put restriction by putting worng and safe antiroll bar setting. So I hope now you understand the power of this LSD. But at smalll down slope sharp conner, the car still understeer. I used to use left foot brake to optimaize the standard LSD but in this, if you do that you spoil the true potential of this LSD. So I am installing Hotchikins antiroll bar, Powergrid front endlink adjuster, powerflex bushes and Bilstein B6 dumper this week. I am hoping that those parts can elminate understeer completely. Lastly if you want to install quaife LSD make sure that you get different bearings for the top and bottom end of LED. I think one is 15 and another end is 16.
    Last edited by 9tmare; 22-08-2011 at 11:28 PM.

I like! Just wondering are you still using stock seats? If not photos of interior? I'm planning to strip my whole interior but mainly because I really never have any rear passengers. Plan is to have Bride fixed bucket seat and Recaro for the passenger and again very very nice car

Great info 9tmare.

Out of interest, what did the Quaife cost all up including installation? Does anyone know of any other LSD upgrade options? Ideally l'd like one that can lock as I understand if a wheel comes off the ground with a quaife it just free wheels, not the best for the track when you're bashing ripple strips all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    I like! Just wondering are you still using stock seats? If not photos of interior? I'm planning to strip my whole interior but mainly because I really never have any rear passengers. Plan is to have Bride fixed bucket seat and Recaro for the passenger and again very very nice car
    Car has a sabelt seat and cage not much else in it besides dash.Cheers Still have all the interior for it sitting around.

With the boost limit's you might be safe in the way the standard MPS boost spikes early in the Rev range... You could tune it so it runs at 17psi through out the rev range might help top end , and adjusting the throttle position through out the range would help heaps above the 5,500 rpm mark if your current tune doesn't already.

Hiya. Great to see some Track racing outa these things eh!!! MCAs Wow. you must be loaded or have good sponsors. they are awesome. most my buddys over here use the MCAs in their rally cars. Wish I had a budget. Are you looking at doing any endurance races? If so, would you consider a semi Rookie sharing a drive(Obviously for the right sorta $$)
    I would be keen.. Maybe just a test session first
    Anyways, as said by all, good to see you talking to people to get some Ideas.

Hi dareya,

I'm assuming this is Clark's old MPS 3,if so it should light up the tracks in iRace a bit better than the old maroon SSS.....thou I have watched you and thge footage from Adam, the little Pulsar used to hold its own...

It will be great to see you up against Adam in his MPS 6 and having two Mazda's out there battling it out....

I worked for Colin Osborne last year and still have an interest in his team.....

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

this is Clarks old car I had driven it many times before buying it and helped with some of the development with it.I have not raced much this year as my wife just had a baby last Friday(priorities).I will race a lot more next year and have a few changes I want to make to make the car faster.

I love the torque of the MPS thats why I had to have it.

keep your eye out for next year because I will do a lot of testing over the break and then bring it on.

I now have a logger dash fitted and will start to focus on my set up.

Cheers

John

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    Hi dareya,

I'm assuming this is Clark's old MPS 3,if so it should light up the tracks in iRace a bit better than the old maroon SSS.....thou I have watched you and thge footage from Adam, the little Pulsar used to hold its own...

It will be great to see you up against Adam in his MPS 6 and having two Mazda's out there battling it out....

I worked for Colin Osborne last year and still have an interest in his team.....

Cheers

Dave

Great news John and maybe I might flag one of the iRace events next year as well...
    I just did 4days at the Bathurst 1000 and I hoping to do a few more by the end of the year....Homebush V8's and the 8hr at Eastern Creek...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123