User Tag List

Thread: Unusual Engine Noise

1. Default Unusual Engine Noise

Hi all,

After a spirited run today, I was parked in the garage and just poking the accellerator a little before turning the car off, and I noticed a short wizzzzzzing sound on the revs decelleration...

I'm not sure where the noise is coming from, but its definately front end, and its almost like a chain or something is rubbing against something it shouldnt (a similar noise to running a plastic ruler over a zipper)...

Does anyone else have this noise, or any ideas on what it could be?? I'm thinking about heading to Mazda first thing next week.....

Theres no loss in power or anything.. Its just a strange noise (and no its not the thrust bearing), and I cant hear it when I'm driving.... I've recently had the 20,000km service, and engine oil was replaced for fully synthetic (was using the half-half oil previously), and just had new gearbox oil also - which fixed my wong wong noise in the LSD.

Please help!

2. Default

When is a noise not a noise??

When its a fking BOV making some chatter

Had the misses pump the accel while i stuck my head under the hood.... ****ing TXS bov......... The washers were chattering inside the piston and releasing too early (even with 4 washers).. Added the other 2 washers, now no chatter.

I was thinking my timing chain was about to explode and I didnt get any sleep last night...

Blog Entries

I have always had 6 in mine.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    I have always had 6 in mine.
    Yep, and not surprised. The vac/recirc pressure was obviously too high in my case with all my mods, and the spring was giving in. It didnt show any signs of doing this last weekend, but I think after the run yesterday to Uki, I broke it in.

The car actually sounded like it was wheezing... I was scared, but I identified it was the BOV within seconds of being under the hood.. The sound is gone and with 6 washers, and she still Pshhtts off just nicely.

Last edited by Wardski; 16-11-2008 at 04:14 PM.

You may experience wastegate chatter with an after market valve too.

I had it with a GFB hybrid, its harmless but i run the stock valve now, the novelty wore off.

Maybe you should have stuck with the stock one Wardskiiiiii

7. Default

Nah! NEVER!!!!! kekekkkeekkekekek I love my PSSSSHHHHHT!

I should have got you to show me yesterday!!!

Bit of a workout yesterday for your poor MPS...even if you were lagging behind

Glad its all fixed....ready for another run

Happy Motoring
    duglet

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Bit of a workout yesterday for your poor MPS...even if you were lagging behind

Glad its all fixed....ready for another run

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    The workout was gladly accepted, as its not often I get to go WOT on the back roads. Cleaned out the fuel system too, as the idle is back to smooth as normal. I was running a fuel cleaner in the tank in preparation for some high pressure open throttle action.

Yeah, I took a bit of a back seat, but managed to keep up with you boyz for the most part. Once I've done the run a few times, and familliar with the route, I'll be up with you guys. Plus, I also like to sit back and avoid all the stones and looking at both yours and Coreys' bonnets (before the respray), I'll keep mine free of the stone fodder thankyou very much

When I did get close to you boyz, it was like dodgem cars, and I managed to run away chip free once again!

So, theres some method to my lag-ness
    Last edited by Wardski; 16-11-2008 at 11:05 PM.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    I should have got you to show me yesterday!!!
    Anytime you're free! Plus I can carry more than 1 person and a tissue box now that I've gone back to the 18"s

!