User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shoddy job by smash repairer

Trust me, they are much more on the side of the customer than the panel shop.
    Its apparent people don't see what goes on behind the scenes.
    Its coming across that some think that you take to panel shop, job gets done.

Dont forget that the insurance company pays money to the panel shop for their services. And just like everyone they want a good job and done cheaply.
    Some good insurers pay the shop in about 14 days, most of them take 30 days, some up to 60.
    so if the customer is not happy with the job, the insurer does not pay the shop until they are.

If the customer is not happy, its on the back of the shop to fix it, the insurance company does not pay for the extra time to fix it. If the shop wants to get paid, they have to fix it.
    In 10 years in the trade, only once did the shop i work for get paid to fix the customers complaints. That was an extreem case where the car was absolute rubbish, but the point is, the insurance company still did its best to keep everyone happy.
    The rest of the time, thew screw the shop stupid.
    The insurers inspect every shop they deal with, and if they approve on the jobs they inspect, they give approval to the shop and send work that way, its impossible to believe they can inspect every car that gets repaired, they would need to hire an inspector for every shop in the country just about.

I am DEFINATELY not supporting insurance companies. They are a lot of the reason I and many others i know have got out of the trade.
    Of cause panel shops work for insurance companies, they are the people that pay the shops.
    But its no different to any other profession. You do what the person who pays you tells you, and the customer is always right.

I'm trying to get the point across from the other side. YES the insurance company wants the job done as cheap as possible, thats no difference to anyone else here, you shop around to get the best possible price on something, but you still expect the item to be as good no matter the price. Insurance companies are the same.

And if anyone disagrees, maybe they should leave thir job and go work as a panel beater, then maybe they can understand. Its a crap job having to deal with insurance companies. They want everything for nothing.

Just a quick note on retail and customer service, i've done it for a good 10 years now and i have been on both sides, the one receiving the complaint and the one making the complaint
    Bad situations don't get resolved when either parties start raising their voice, being abusive, or treating others like sh*t
    If your making the complaint get everything in writing with names/times and who you spoke to ect ( a log )

You don't always win, again been their, but you learn lessons from it

I can tell you now, if you walk into the store i work for and start getting loud, im just going to stand there and let you say everything until you run out of things to say ..... then i will "look" at taking action ..

Good to see things are progressing Dave

Dropped off the car today. Manager said to ask for him when I got there, he was not there...so was left with whoever was second in charge.

Gave him a list of things I wanted fixed. Firstly I pointed to some imperfections in the paint around the rear quarter window to which he said was obviously a pre-existing repair job. Biggest load of s***. The 2IC did not seem to care a great deal...no apologies etc. Just pathetic excuses.

Turns out SGIO instructed them not to remove the bumper...pricks! Still doesn't excuse the repairer for doing such a shoddy job. IMO, The repairer should have explained to SGIO that it must be removed to be fixed properly.

It might be ready by the end of today, which I am a not so sure about when you consider drying time for the paint etc.

Going to make a call to SGIO later today and ask why they instructed the repairer not to remove the bumper and discuss my concerns about the repairer.

Bloody hope you get this sorted to your satisfaction soon.

Picked up

Much better job - they actually removed the bumper this time around.

Even replaced the towball with a bling chrome one. No idea why - maybe the lost the old one or figured it would make me happy?

Only thing I can fault is the how they have removed the overspray from the rubber seals - they look a little dull, but easy to fix. I'm guessing they used something really abrasive. Personally I would have just used a clay bar (having tied a bit myself before it went back to them).

I'll be doing a full claybar/polish/wax of the car this weekend I think.

The owner/manager spoke to me - no apology, but went through every point if a long list that I had left them with. Job well done, but should have been to that standard the first time around. Still to discuss with SGIO, but definitely making a move to a different insurance company - probably Shannons with a bit of luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123