User Tag List

Thread: Make my 3 MPS sound like a turbo car!

Default Make my 3 MPS sound like a turbo car!

Hi guys,

Is there any way of making my 3 mps actually sound like a turbo car and whistle like a a rex or evo when it comes on boost?

Also, does anybody know how to get rid of the crappy sound when you start the car and the exhaust baffles or something chatter away for the first 2 seconds?

I far prefer the sound of a rex or evo at start up but I really want to keep my mazda and make it sound good..any help would be great!!

A) Replace your air intake. Get either a Short ram intake or a Cold air intake. Either or will give you that nice turbo spool.
    B) Either get new mufflers or replace your exhaust. i.e. Downpipe + Cat back system.

Hmm the local MRT agent in SA (S&J Automotive) is based near me so I might have a chat with him and see what they offer in this department...if they are too dear I may look at just importing something from the states.

hks catback made my car sound more like a rexy, had a few people comment about it

DP and full system for the outlet.
    SRI or CAI for the inlet.

Bro i dunno a better way to put this but you must do ur research, theres plenty of threads in here for you to try out new things... Even just youtube it and see what other punters are doing from the states, gives u a betta idea. But keeping in mind the MPS is still a very very different car to the EVO or the WRX.

I love the mazda - I've had it since new but I just want the thing to whistle a little and have a slight note. I want to keep it as sleeper as possible and any mods that I change, I want to be able to change back to factory look with ease. Perhaps a K&N washable filter and some kind of cold air mod but would prefer to steer away from the whole pod filter thing..

Cheers!

thats what my car sounds like

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sound good and be a sleeper! I peed a little...

I'm definitely a sleeper gal. An older chick that is ready for action but you don't know about it until I've passed you!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I'm definitely a sleeper gal. An older chick that is ready for action but you don't know about it until I've passed you!
    Sounds like a challenge...
    Lmao

next time we're havin a run artermis!

gt3071r will give you some spool noise

Yeah I'll give you guys a run for your money!

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    DP and full system for the outlet.
    SRI or CAI for the inlet.
    How much for your DP/Hi flow Cat? I am happy to retain the rest of the factory exhaust..Shipping would be to Adelaide.

Which Intake is the easiest to fit and return to factory if necessary? I would be happy with a k&n filter to replace the factory filter if they exist...and some kind of mod to get the air flowing in better.

Cheers again for your help guys!