User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 using too much fuel stock?

Default MPS 6 using too much fuel stock?

Ive been driving around for a while and noticed that im gettin about 13.2/100km

im pretty sure my mps6 is stock and was under the impression that they do 10.5/100

just wondering if anything is wrong with it or theres anything i can check?

again guys

2 silly questions...
    1) how do you drive your car?
    2) what is normal driving for you? (ie city/peak hour/highway)

my 3 often goes through 12-13L/100 when puttering around the city (sydney, yuck!) record stands at 10L for 35k's in 2.5hrs tho

It is a little high actually. I'm getting 11.6L - city dirving giving it some every now and then.
    It does depend on how you drive and if its anything like how excited you are to be on this forum and own an MPS my guess is you're having too much fun!

Changing your air filter (or cleaning it) will help as mine reduced after cleaning my K&N filter. K&N helps with this issue
    Check your tyre pressure and make BP ultimate your regular choice of fuel. My mechanic told me off for using anythink other than Bp ultimate 98RON.
    Also try not to stab the throttle and spool up that turbo when you're not intending on going fast...I see 98L/100km+ when I gas it
    Last edited by rogwick; 10-08-2011 at 06:16 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

be happy, mine on stock was about 16L/100kms , i once saw 18 lol but now im seeing about 14

all depends on how you drive, where (city or highway) and type of fuel a little aswell

Too many variables to compare with anyone else.
    Do you drive harder than others, do you drive up hills more than others???
    Etc etc

10.5 is what was rated for combined cycle, so 50/50 highway and around town. I don't think you have much to worry about, but depending on km and service history, new air filter, plugs and an oil change could help a little.

Don't be too concerned. In over 100,000km of driving which includes multiple interstate journeys and all brands of 98RON fuel my car has never achieved 10.5.

Im 13.8 ATM

guess im still gettin used to driving the turbo but u gta love the acceleration

guess just needs a service and a few parts changed and see how it goes from there

btw.. if changing spark plugs would u use ngk platinums??

Quote Originally Posted by EDZMPS View Post

btw.. if changing spark plugs would u use ngk platinums??
    nah, use denso or motorcraft (oem mazda) iridium

I get around 9.5l/100km, regularly. I do about 70% on the open road and 30% heavy traffic and I don't necessarily drive with economy in mind.

I found the Hypertech helped with economy as well. Also changing the oil and cleaning the MAF sensor.

I use V-Power usually but sometimes Ultimate (never Vortex) and don't see much of a difference

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Oh and the best judge of fuel economy is resetting your trip meter when filling, drive till it's empty and refuel, divide litres used by kilometres travelled and x100

The trip computer is not 100% accurate

I usually get about 10.6l/100k, with a mix of city/semi rural driving. When I head out for a Sunday morning blast, 14.5 is more like it.
    If you can handle a couple of hundred k's of nanna driving, and come out between 10 & 11, then that would sound about right.

yea that sounds about right now

13. Default

yep sounds about right, but Im a girl so dont have as heavy a foot as you guys

Use fuelly to keep track of yoru consumption

I'm on about 14.9... 15.5... lots of, city driving... although I'm lucky to do more the 100km a week in my MPS.

Blog Entries

I recall that my best (worst) was 114l/100km once just before I changed up from second!

My weekly average though is 42km/hr @10.9l/100km

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    It is a little high actually. I'm getting 11.6L - city dirving giving it some every now and then.
    It does depend on how you drive and if its anything like how excited you are to be on this forum and own an MPS my guess is you're having too much fun!

Changing your air filter (or cleaning it) will help as mine reduced after cleaning my K&N filter. K&N helps with this issue
    Check your tyre pressure and make BP ultimate your regular choice of fuel. My mechanic told me off for using anythink other than Bp ultimate 98RON.
    Also try not to stab the throttle and spool up that turbo when you're not intending on going fast...I see 98L/100km+ when I gas it

Quote Originally Posted by Watto View Post
    I recall that my best (worst) was 114l/100km once just before I changed up from second!

My weekly average though is 42km/hr @10.9l/100km
    I think I touched 102L/100 on WOT once, although haven't seen triple figures since.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I average 10.5-11.5 solely city driving. Highway about 7.5-7.9 Get a tune, seems to help a bit.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

I'm sitting on 14.6L/100km which is Sydney metro driving. A lead foot doesn't help my cause. I know if I reset the trip info meter before I drive from Sydney to Melbourne for example, it'll steady at 8.5L\100. As mentioned by others, there are too many variables! Plus it's a turbo, drive it like it is meant to be driven!
    Last edited by Jegi#5; 11-08-2011 at 06:48 PM.

im sitting on 14.1L/100 which is the lowest i have ever seen the car....

just installed a COBB tuning SRI and TIP. wicked wicked noise now...

i have 100% city driving, and i do drive it like i stole it...

Ice