User Tag List

Thread: Accelera Ph1 tyres

Default Accelera Ph1 tyres

Hey Guys,

Got a bit of a deal on Accelera Ph1 tyres at $140 inc GST and fitting because a guy wants to get some feedback from me about how they feel and drive. I figure for $140inc a corner that is cheap enough to give a go.

Anyone had these or Accelera types before?

Thanks,
    Jamie

If he wants feedback he should give these up for free, and sponser you as a tyre tester.

Never heard of these tyres before. But with tyres generally you get what you pay for. Personnally i would not put them on my car as these are the only things that make you connected to the road.

There's nothing worse than that feeling of sliding sideways at 60km in the wet with no ability to steer out of it.

Blog Entries

Yes, tried them
    Very soft compound. Good grip, quiet.
    Those are the positives.
    Negatives : Wheel protection is shit. I buckled wheels while I had 'em. Haven't buckled wheels with any other tyre fitted. I suspect although not certain that I would not have been reconditioning my wheels if I'd have fitted Kumho KU36 instead. And they wear quick, being a soft compound. No better than KU36 or other soft compound tyres.

I wouldn't get them again because I have a sneaking suspicion that pot holes would be that much more likely to damage rims. There were other factors, but I've hit potholes since replacing them and I reckon I'd be having a rim repaired again if I was still using PH1

No big negatives in handling. Even when thoroughly worn, still handled quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedN View Post
    Hey Guys,

Got a bit of a deal on Accelera Ph1 tyres at $140 inc GST and fitting because a guy wants to get some feedback from me about how they feel and drive. I figure for $140inc a corner that is cheap enough to give a go.

Anyone had these or Accelera types before?

Thanks,
    Jamie
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.