User Tag List

Thread: Engine noise

Default Engine noise

Hey guys,

I just wanted to get a second opinion if this is a normal injector noise or if there's something amiss.

Please note that because it's an enclosed space with the garage door down, there might be an escalated volume.

From other perspectives, I've heard that the TIP increases engine bay volume but like i said before, I just want a second opinion as I'm quite paranoid.

Thanks guys!
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

wow loud... but your probably right that its the garage making it sounds worse... best way is to park next to another MPS and compare.

Taking the in-garage location into account...I think it sounds a bit loud too. A bit squeaky too. Does it sound more noisy than usual when driving too?

To be honest, in cabin I don't really pay attention to it, so in that sense i really wouldn't know...

That, and because I've never heard another in-cabin MPS I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I'll take a video when it's out in the open tomorrow.

I'm going to book my car with Cypher for it's major service, so I might let them take a look at it... Excessive noise might be due to the VVT?

I could say mine is that loud.

Yay! Let's share the paranoia!

yeah id say those tickings and clickings are fairly close to mine, taking into account the garage.

direct injectors sound like a soviet union tractor to be honest, so id say your ok. some good engine oil may help alleviate the noise a bit if the current oil is old/sad/not quite right. i use nulon 10w-40 and it did take the edge of the lifter/injector noise.

i love my COBB SRI and TIP, the noise is just nuts!

Ice

Hey today I just started getting a loud ticking noise. You can also here the injector noise too.. so it's 2 different noises I'm hearing! worried sick

Post a vid if you can. My problems were laid to rest when I took mine in for a checkup.

Also does your belt sound like it's hissing?? You'll see in the video aswell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLTMl4XjVo

And you can't even hear my engine reving over the noise... fml
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YIk4BPsW6A

Btw how do you post the actual YouTube tv box? haha

That hissing sound seems quite audible to me and I don't think I've heard that on mine. I'll double check on mine tomorrow morning before I leave for Uni and let you know.

By the by, your engine noise sounds like mine which got the tick from Mazda, but who knows, they might've missed something considering I didn't pay for it, so they might've cheaped out. The bastards.

Also, it looks like you're in an enclosed garage thereby resonating your open engine bay which is causing such a racket over your revs.

To post a YouTube video, click on "Insert Video" on the toolbar and paste the YouTube link.
    Last edited by Chuckie Cheese; 05-10-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

I was a bit worried with my one but it was my fuel pump making noises... Can you rule it out? Very loud 'ticking' noise which is normal.

Hopefully nothing too serious

Yeah the hissing noise is also even more audible when the revs are higher, getting the car serviced tomorrow or thursday so hopefully they check it out and fix the damn thing, cars been making these hooting noises when reving too... haha

Edit. Mazda said it was my intake... and it clearly isn't.
    Last edited by High on PSI; 06-10-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Too rude!

I got a awesome noise from mine maybe tomorrow night i'll post up its weird but i think its a belt still doesn't affect anything and is just a noise.

Mazda said it's the pully.. and "it's normal".

It has never happened before... only recently and it drives me crazy, because you can hear it over your car whilst driving and it sounds so shit.

More audible when the revs rise. Think because the pullys operate faster as the revs rise...

Wait till you get a DP.

Everything becomes accentuated.