User Tag List

Thread: Mps 6 hid

Default Mps 6 hid

Had my MPS6 not even for a week and I think its time to start mods lol

I wna start of simple by changing the HID bulbs to a 6000k

Ive heard they are D2S bulbs?

Can anyone help on how to remove them from the sockets

guys.. awesome car

They are D2S bulbs yes. They're a bit tricky to access and the best way is probably by taking the wheels off as well as the wheel arches. There will be a plastic screw cap/cover to remove followed by a plastic housing which holds the bulb itself in place, that is also a twist and turn fitting. Bit tricky to get your hands around

hehe yea
    i had a quick go on the weekend but furthest i managed was unscrewing the back cap off lol

anyway thanks for the info.. might go order sum bulbs from sumwhere and have another go soon

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    ... They're a bit tricky to access and the best way is probably by taking the wheels off as well as the wheel arches....
    Whose bright idea was THAT?

And I thought changing spark plugs from under the car was a hassle...

Sigh... the Japanese DO beleive in packing things in tight...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

haha i reckon.. the engine bay is packed in tight

a big change from a dealing with commodores for the past several years

changing the hid in the mps 6 is a bitch..

the black ring that seals it in wouldnt turn properly wen the bulb was there..

not sure why but guessing the bulbs have to be in a certain way for the ring to spin..

Quote Originally Posted by EDZMPS View Post
    changing the hid in the mps 6 is a bitch..

the black ring that seals it in wouldnt turn properly wen the bulb was there..

not sure why but guessing the bulbs have to be in a certain way for the ring to spin..
    Correct, and you will feel the ring that secures the bulb in place clip in when it is done correctly.

the hid bulbs i got had plenty of ridges around the base compared to the stock one which has one..

might have to order diff set of bulbs :P

Were they D2S Bulbs? Should be exactly the same if they were

i got a bulb that suits D2S, D2R, D2C... sumthing like that

im not even sure it the ring locked in place when i put it in but lights on both sides seem to output the same so gonna leave it..

im only gonna change it again if its necessary haha so many cuts on my hands

Yeah, depending on how EXACT the bulb is to the OEM it will clip into place, my current 8000K bulbs don't clip into place, the ring only turns about 2 or 3 mm and it is pretty tight there.

cant complain.. as long as it does its job

I have exactly the same problem, just bought some D2S 6000k globes, what a bitch to install and now once installed my high beams decided to stay permanetly on lol anyways for some reason the globes dnt look like 6000k so im just going to buy 8000k phillips and get an auto electrician to deal with it lol hopefully all goes well

one of the hardest things to do on the mps 6 lol

hope it goes well

Quote Originally Posted by FASN8R88 View Post
    I have exactly the same problem, just bought some D2S 6000k globes, what a bitch to install and now once installed my high beams decided to stay permanetly on lol anyways for some reason the globes dnt look like 6000k so im just going to buy 8000k phillips and get an auto electrician to deal with it lol hopefully all goes well
    Would just be as hard for the auto electrician because he would be doing the same way as us, unless he takes off the whole front bumper and then the headlight unit... then again we could do that but its just too much effort for a bulb. Bloody hell.

haha i was close to doing that when i was putting mine in...

soooo frustrating when it doesnt turn after so much time trying

gave up in the end and ended up leaving it at probably 2mm turn

For some reason the stock D2S globes are different to the D2S aftermarket ones and i could even get my hand in there to play around with it lol....very hard to do, so hopefull the electrican has better luck then me