User Tag List

Thread: BC Coilovers

Default BC Coilovers

Anyone running them on their 6? I assume there's no specific one for the MPS6? Suggestions/comments/recommendations?

I think there are dude - from memoery MPS Garage were peddeling a few sets around xmas time?

Hey,
    this is my first post, just signed up.... I was one of those who bought a set, put them in just before christmas. The car sit nice, and BC seem to be good quality, I would recommend them.

I'm really happy with them. Although a little 'jouncy' on really bumpy roads it handles like a dream. On a recent drive I went into a corner abit too fast and thought I was going to go off the road, but the car held onto the road nicely went around flat as. The car's handling now exceeds my driving ability and courage.

I have to agree, the BC coils make the ride so much better.

It reminds me of the days when I had the WRX, Point and shoot!(at a corner that is).

The only thing that i've done is added a CorkSport front Strut bar, Tightens up the front end a fair bit!

Mal

For what it's worth I recently checked the prices on BC coilovers.

MPS garage: $1600
    Wholesale Suspension:$1500
    Or there's a NZ based ebay seller who will do them for $1395 delivered.

I'm still deciding between these and Billies. Wish you were on the east coast Nuliaj.

I'm loving my car at the moment. I've had the rear engine mount removed as the vibration were just too much and drove me up the wall. I had hoped they would settle in, which they did, but not enough. The CP-e rear diff mount I'm happy to report did not increase vibrations by any perceivable amount. I won't say that with absolutely certainty as I just came off about a year with the rear engine mount on and need my SOTP sensors recalibrated, but comparing with a friend's car who's stock apart from a catback tells me the vibrations are the same. I can't say 100% that it was the diff mount or the retorquing of the bolts, that did it but the car's rear end also feels tighter (no sexual jokes please ).

I was quite fortunate to buy my coilovers when they were still $1200 but tbh if handling and twisties are your thing, the BC coilovers are a fantastic deal at sub $1500. Best of all you'll make it even harder for a certain 3 driver to keep up with you in those twistie road runs you guys do .
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

I must have got lucky, I only paid $999 for mine

I rang Aaron from MPS and told him to sharpen his pencil on this...

He said that he was bound to an agreement from his supplier and can't advertise any lower.... HOWEVER... he said that he'll do them for OZMPS users for $1350 + delivery.

Just mention LazyDog from OZMPS.

Good one. Hmmmm. BC's or Billies?

I like the ultimate performance of coilies, but I also do long trips with the kids so I don't want to make it too uncomfortable in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Good one. Hmmmm. BC's or Billies?

I like the ultimate performance of coilies, but I also do long trips with the kids so I don't want to make it too uncomfortable in the back.
    Tein electronic dampening....any lotto winners here?

I would be interested in looking into these, I have given myself a $5,000 budget to fix the MPS up after being bent over whilst trying to trade it.
    Faster than swallowtails Passat...and it has a letterbox

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    Tein electronic dampening....any lotto winners here?

I would be interested in looking into these, I have given myself a $5,000 budget to fix the MPS up after being bent over whilst trying to trade it.
    I've been thinking about a trade, what are they offering?
    CorkSport FMIC with Cold Air Induction, , Cork Sport Cat Back, CPE Standback with PNP, TurboSmart BOV, Custom Highflow Cat with CorkSports Downpipe,Pauter Rods, CP Pistons,ARP Head Studs, BIGGER TURBO COMING, Pre-ordered a Stage 3 CPE Engine.