User Tag List

Thread: SMD LED foglight bulbs - do they last?

Default SMD LED foglight bulbs - do they last?

Hi guys,

For those who have SMD LED type bulbs on their car, do they last? They're everywhere on eBay and they're dirt cheap.

I'm thinking of using them for fog lights but I'm a bit skeptical about the quality of these.

Any feedback would be great.

I guess it also depends how often you use fogs. Although I don't have LED fogs I don't imagine they would last as long as a OEM halogen bulb.

My LED parkers have been changed a couple of times...they're cheap...I just replace them. My interior lights (LED) are still going 100% for 2+ years now

I have them and also sell them. mine have been going for 12mths+

The cheaper ones seem to fail.

I have a very good supplier that gives 6 mths warranty. (better than nothing)

I'm using troy's ones. Done probably 15000km with them on 95% of the time as DRLs.
    A few individual LEDs have died, but over all they are still going brilliantly.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

I've been through afew sets of the H11 Fogs SMD LED's...They fail after a few months as I drive with mine all the time.

But, I've bought a set of Troy, so far they're doing really well. On Par with buying over seas. He offered me a 12 month warranty and replaced the first set that has a couple of LED's fail.

I have my second set of Parker bulbs with 68 SMD LED's. They look good, but you need to buy a set every 6 months. Troy doesn't sell these
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Thanks everyone for the input. I thought they wouldn't last as long as a halogen globe.

I've gone through maybe 3 or 4 sets of LED wedge globes from the individual LEDs dying. The ones I'm using now though seem to be lasting me a while.