User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering the 3 MPS Luxury

Default Seriously considering the 3 MPS Luxury

I sold my MY09 WRX a couple of months ago and now considering the new MPS luxury model. Had a test drive today and absolutely loved it.
    Does anyone have the iPod adaptor installed and know if its worth getting?
    Also I was considering the car in Celestial Blue? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Hey mate. Good thoughts there.

If I had my time again, I would go the base model, not the luxury. I would miss the Xenons...that's about it. I could live without the Bose, the Autowipers, Headlamps auto on/off function, Rear-view mirror with auto dimming function.

Why, because you can used that saved money on a better stereo...this one http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...01a-today.html
    or this one...http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...termarket.html

I love the Velocity Red. But both Celestial Blue and Alumium are great colours. Celestial Blue is rumoured to be cancelled in favour of a white MPS due this year maybe...
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/offic...australia.html

Unless you already have an iPod, I wouldn't go the bluetooth adapter for it. But the cable would be good for resale.

My iPhone streams music fine to the car, but the control functions are limited to play/pause/forward/backward. Whereas the iPod has full integration, artist/genre/album etc come up on the screen. Still, I found the controls annoying so I haven't really used it for 18months.

I suppose it depends if this is a daily driver or a weekend tearer whether you won't those comfort features or whether you spend it on mods. Either way, once you get involved here, you will learn a lot about the cars potential and some great ways of releasing some extra power, handling, tyres, painting callipers http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...pray-cans.html etc etc. Lots of terrific people here always will to answer your questions, don't be afraid to ask, we all had ask what a DP (down pipe) was at some stage :P http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...fflers-dp.html

Back to the question, Celestial Blue suits the nature of the car, stands out in a good way against the drab of greys and blacks. Still VR FTW!!!!

Good luck with your purchase, and welcome to the club...almost
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 02-08-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Thanks for the quick reply! Your feedback was most appreciated! Yea the only reason I want the luxury model is for the xenons! Like you I dont really much care for the other extras that come with the luxury model. I wll check out the links you posted before I make a decision.
    The salesman advised me that since the Japan earthquake, the MPS is no longer be available in VR ( this was my first choice in color) . He also made no mention of the MPS in white, although I might ask him tomorrow.
    It will be my daily driver and I cant wait to get more involved with the club.
    Thanks...will post some pictures once I get the car!

No VR, that's interesting. I suppose it will come back on-line eventually. VR I think was third to Black Mica and Aluminum in sales.

I wonder what the salesman will say about white. I bet he knows nothing about it

I'm sure they'll be pushing CB to move stock when the white turns up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I have the Xenons. I really like the Nagare double wedge pattern in the headlights. But if I had any idea I'd start making changes like I have, I would have gone the pov pack.

Anyway, you can replace the halogen bulbs with Phillips HID bulbs and ballasts. I'm sure lots if GENII owners have done it, just haven't seen it yet.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Great choice and I would get the Celestial Blue.... Great color

Welcome,

Yep if you want the Celestial Blue you do need to be quick.

If you want to check some CB's out tonight they will be here (Well I can Guarantee at least one)

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...e-carlton.html

If the saleman does not know about the White which will be here in Sept/Oct tell him to look into his stock system. They should be there and you should be able to order one now.

perhaps the salesperson just wanna clear his stocks as usual!!

Get the base model
    Get it in Celestial Blue
    Profit.

And whyfor sell the 09 WRX?

If you want xenons you buy a base model and pay $40 for xenons like i did. Saves you heaps of money.

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    If you want xenons you buy a base model and pay $40 for xenons like i did. Saves you heaps of money.
    There you go, knew someone had done it!!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
    @ Yeldarb - your were right! the salesman had no idea it was coming out in white. He said he would check and call me back! Yea that shouldn't be too hard as I have a friend that has a HID kit on his SP23. I just liked the idea of having it stock! haha

@BlueMPS - if I get a chance I will definitely at least do a "walk by" to check out the CB MPS's. Only problem is its going to be dark by then!
    @Reedy - the only reason I sold the WRX was because I was going to upgrade to the MY11 model. The STI body kit on the MY11 WRX looked nicer than the car I had. A friend told me to get the GTI instead but after looking at the WRX, GTI and MPS, I decided the MPS ticked all the boxes for me.

Well the CB sounds like a winner....unless ofcourse I can get it in white!
    Last edited by silverathlon; 03-08-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Yea if you can get past the fact that the MPS isn't AWD, it really is a much better car than the subaru. The GTI is very close but too expensive for what it is imo.

Good choice, and go Celestial Blue!

The Ipod cable in the car is an extra 300+, Unless you like the controls on the system ( i hated it so that's why i changed my headunit) it's not worth it. I think bluetooth is standard and if i can see someone with a stock stereo i'll see if ios 5 works with, It works on my headunit (eg album details) but i can't see album art yet.. i'll check that out.

Yelarb's car (apart from the crap colour choice ) has to be one of my Favourite MPS's at the moment. With the mod's he has, it sounds and looks amazing (although he might have a challanger soon ). The extra's on the Lux are handy (well i love the rearview mirror blocking out stupid 4wd's lights... to high) but that's about it.

I was going to get myself a WRX (my09), but after driving an STI and the dislight of the large amounts of plastic interior, the MPS is awesome. Hope you enjoy your car!
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Go white if you can. What about Golf R, Shakes has one in blue and it looks hot as, as does Russell's white Golf R.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I have the bluetooth ipod adapter, I dont have an ipod tho so have never used it. I just bluetooth my iphone for music.

The ipod cable that they put in the glovebox is quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Go white if you can. What about Golf R, Shakes has one in blue and it looks hot as, as does Russell's white Golf R.

Have you seen the Golf GTI "35" Edition. It's a detuned Golf R engine...
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Have you seen the Golf GTI "35" Edition. It's a detuned Golf R engine...
    Have you seen the rims it comes with?? Looks very similar to Gen2 rims.. Still a bit too pricey for my liking..

But for what its worth go the Lux MPS in any color that tickles ur fancy, (yes i am bias) but the xenons with AFS alone worth it! (So used to it now that driving the missus 350Z at night takes a bit of adjusting when cornering). Just go to a few dealers and and pitch em all against each other.. I did and got my Lux on the road, with the lil options i wanted, for a crap load cheaper

Either way, welcome to the BEST forum online.. Im sure you will find that there are some fantastic ppl here and LOTTSSS of useful info!

Good luck with the purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Yea I saw the Golf R at the Motorshow this year and the car is stunning..unfortunately its out of my budget at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by silverathlon View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback!
    ......... A friend told me to get the GTI instead but after looking at the WRX, GTI and MPS, I decided the MPS ticked all the boxes for me.
    I did the same comparison..but added the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart to the mix. I fell in love with the MPS from the moment I set foot inside the car Price wise once you add up all the options on the GTI it ended up being over my bugdet.

Have you considered the MPS in Black ? ...As the saying goes...once you go Black you never go back !
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Looks like I might drop the idea of the iPod adaptor and consider getting another head unit. I'm also leaning towards the white over the CB now!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast