User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering the 3 MPS Luxury

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by silverathlon View Post
    Went and saw the dealer today and he said there will still be two models to choose from - the standard and the luxury. (This is for the new 300G models)
    He told me the color I was getting was called Crystal White Pearl Mica. I believe its the same color they have on their other models.
    Thanks for the update mate. Just goes to show that just because two salespeople work for the same company, doesn't mean that they will get/give out the same information! Do you have a delivery date?

Quote Originally Posted by Damnfuzz View Post
    Thanks for the update mate. Just goes to show that just because two salespeople work for the same company, doesn't mean that they will get/give out the same information! Do you have a delivery date?
    Very True! I initially had to call a few dealers before I got one that knew there was a white MPS coming to Australia. Unfortunately I haven't got the exact delivery date as yet! However the dealer rang me today to say my car has been given a build date of 13 Sep 2011. He said my estimated delivery date should be 6 weeks from then!! That's end of October and I am growing impatient already
    Last edited by silverathlon; 11-08-2011 at 06:35 PM.

buying my old project car back and finishing it off, so means I have to sell my MPS3, if you're still looking around mine should be up by mid next week....

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    buying my old project car back and finishing it off, so means I have to sell my MPS3, if you're still looking around mine should be up by mid next week....
    I've already signed on the dotted line so its too late for me to back out now, but out of curiosity you got any pics of your MPS? How much are you looking to sell it for? I'll ask around to see if anyone I know is keen to get one.

Hi, I have a 2011 mazda 3 mps base model and here is my opinion - iPod Connection = I really dont know why anyone would get the ipod connection in an MPS. Base model comes with standard blue tooth audio and AUX connection. So not sure why iPod connection would even come into the equation, Unless you wanted to pay $300 to charge your iPod/iPhone BTW...Audio through the Blue Tooth connection is stero quality. Base Model vs Luxury = Luxury has 9 stereo speakers instead of 6 (hmmk) Rain Sensor Wipers (hmmK) Base has Halogen lights and Luxury has Bi-Xenon (hmm yeh not bad) Luxury has Auto Headlamps (hmmmmmmmKK) and all that is worth 4 - 5 Thousand more. Is it worth it? = YOU be the judge!! COLOUR = I ruled out straight away the "Velocity Red", Black = Just tooooooooooooo HARD to maintain to keep clean (looks good though) "Celestial Blue" - Saw one the other day and it did look good, i mean real good but im not a bright colour man, it did stand out like dogs balls (Celestial blue does look much nicer than a pair of hairy dog balls - but you know what i mean) "Silver" - That won me over. Looks Sharp, Sporty and with Dark Tinted windows = It really does look Awsome. But thats my opinion. Well cheers guys. Hope it helps anyone about to buy an MPS.
    Later.
    Johnno!

Quote Originally Posted by Mps2011 View Post
    Hi, I have a 2011 mazda 3 mps base model and here is my opinion - iPod Connection = I really dont know why anyone would get the ipod connection in an MPS. Base model comes with standard blue tooth audio and AUX connection. So not sure why iPod connection would even come into the equation, Unless you wanted to pay $300 to charge your iPod/iPhone BTW...Audio through the Blue Tooth connection is stero quality. Base Model vs Luxury = Luxury has 9 stereo speakers instead of 6 (hmmk) Rain Sensor Wipers (hmmK) Base has Halogen lights and Luxury has Bi-Xenon (hmm yeh not bad) Luxury has Auto Headlamps (hmmmmmmmKK) and all that is worth 4 - 5 Thousand more. Is it worth it? = YOU be the judge!! COLOUR = I ruled out straight away the "Velocity Red", Black = Just tooooooooooooo HARD to maintain to keep clean (looks good though) "Celestial Blue" - Saw one the other day and it did look good, i mean real good but im not a bright colour man, it did stand out like dogs balls (Celestial blue does look much nicer than a pair of hairy dog balls - but you know what i mean) "Silver" - That won me over. Looks Sharp, Sporty and with Dark Tinted windows = It really does look Awsome. But thats my opinion. Well cheers guys. Hope it helps anyone about to buy an MPS.
    Later.
    Johnno!
    Thanks for the feedback Johnno...! I have seen a few silver ones around lately and I must say they look great. I guess my initial concern was coming over from an AWD to a FWD but as soon as I sat in the MPS (and after driving it) I fell in love. I mean the interior is light years ahead of the Rex.

I havent even looked inside a Rex but i have heard the interior isnt that crash hot. I was very very serious in buying a Rex (sTi actually) went to subaru and was so dissapointed. They had absolutely NO flexibility in their price, would not budge on their pricing and the price they were offering for my trade in was a slap in the face. But anyway what i did find funny was, when i "Obviously" said no to the deal, they were happy enough just to stand there and wave me "good bye". In a way, they did me a favour because as i drove away from the Subaru dealership, i drove straight to Mazda, test drive an Mazda 3 MPS, fell in love with it like you did, and within 2 1/2 hours after that i was signing along the dotted line. Got a Grrrrrreat price for it and only had to wait not even 2 weeks before it was in my possession. Happy happy happy, allround! Ok the MPS is slower than the sTi by say 1.2 seconds, but is that enough to be treated by Subaru the way they operate? I dont think so, I would buy an MPS anyday before stepping back into a Subaru dealership. Thank you Subaru, I love my Mazda 3 MPS

Hmm that's just poor customer service! Here in Melbourne they were quite willing to move on the price to a certain extent. They were also quite helpful and obviously keen to make a sale.
    To be honest I haven't really had a bad experience with them.
    One thing I noticed between the Mazda and the Subaru is that the '09 Rex I owned had a bit of turbo lag, but once it kicked it it was a great feeling. However from the few minutes I had in the Mazda, there doesn't seem to be any lag - The turbo seems to kick in pretty much instantly. I could be wrong but that's what I got out of the rather short test drive.
    Cant wait to get my ride but unfortunately unlike you, I have to wait till October.

During the time I was waiting for the delivery of my MPS, I read nearly every review & forum there was about the 2011 mazda 3 MPS & the common thing that I read across the board was that 1st & 2nd gear the turbo was limited but if you can rush those 2 gears & get into 3rd & 4th, thats when the beast opens up. Now that i have my 2011 model 3MPS, yes the reviews & forums were right. Geez I love 3rd gear in the MPS.

I have a Red Luxury MPS and I love it. I cant fault it at all and the fact I can play my ipod without worrying about any cords is great. Top little car

I definitely noticed the car come alive when I put my foot down in 3rd gear! Instantly put a smile on my face! @tamjess - are you using the bluetooth adaptor for your ipod?

A quick question for someone that can answer it...
    The voice command button on the steering wheel - is it only for making calls or can you use it to navigate, change radio stations, etc?

A quick question for someone that can answer it...
    The voice command button on the steering wheel - is it only for making calls or can you use it to navigate, change radio stations, etc?
    You can navigate your preset radio stations on the wheel (but not via voice), the thing that is missing from the wheel is the mute button.
    Last edited by BlueMPS; 26-08-2011 at 09:07 AM.

AFAIK just for the phone. Though I haven't fully delved into voice commands on mine

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Thanks guys

Voice command can be a real pain, BUT, if you're playing music via bluetooth, voice will recognise any of your iPhone contacts as where if you have the radio or Aux, voice will only pick the sound of numbers you read out.

Hey Sean,

I heard a rumour that you may be picking up a white MPS3 this weekend.

And by the way, Rob Tait is the best window tinter in Melbourne.

Cheers, Bruce

Yep looking forward to picking up my car this weekend!

I definitely noticed the car come alive when I put my foot down in 3rd gear! Instantly put a smile on my face! @tamjess - are you using the bluetooth adaptor for your ipod?
    The Hypertech flash tuner will put the smile on face in 1st and 2nd but let us not talk mods just yet and let you enjoy the new ride...at least for the first month anyway
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

congrats mate... 3 more sleeps to go...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast