User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering the 3 MPS Luxury

Floor mats are a must if you have kids

Wasn't someone selling floor mats for the GenII?

Yeah, Dessa had some for sale.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9411

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 04-08-2011 at 09:34 PM.

I can speak highly enough of the Active Headlights standard in the luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    This ^
    Other option is to hit up caff and get him to so the paint protection for you
    Yep, I do it for much cheaper than dealers. Better result too
    (Thanks Sam )

---
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

As for accessoriesgo, this is what I paid in Oct 2009.

Mazda Accessories
    Cargo tray $145 (do it)
    Floor mat set $130 (do it)
    Front parking sensors $428 (handy, but not a must)
    iPod adaptor $499 (Might be good for resale ...)
    Mazda Bluetooth® audio transmitter - for iPod $125 (A waste. I sold mine )
    Reverse parking sensors $325 (Do it)
    Tow bar kit $475 (has been useful...)
    Paint/Tint/Plastic/Vinyl/Leather Protection $1100 (major fcking waste of money!)

Off Site Accessories
    GP CARS - Hollandia 700 Sunroof $2200 (I love it. Could I live with out it? Yes, but hopefully will help resale too. It was dealer fitted after all )
    MONGOOSE - MAP80 Upgrade Security System $550 (So far, haven't needed it. Not sure how much more secure the car is now...but it helps...hopefully)
    DUCO Scratch - Clear Car Bra $1200 (Great for stone chips, keeping that bonnet and bumper protected. But you won't like it if your a buffing buff It has a slight matt finish which will annoy you)
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Hi
    I had the rear park sensors fitted when buying my MPS luxury. Worth every $.
    Recently had the front sensors fitted expecting they would be very useful knowing where the nose of the car is when parking but thats not the way they work. They really only sense the waht is diagonally beside youre car. so good when reversing in as the nose passes the car in front or likewaise when pulling out of a spot. To me a total waste of money. Never realy get that close. They go off more often when people walk too close crossing the road at lights.
    If you like your ipod music while you drive and want to search tracks albums etc then I would definitely go with the adapter. It even displays song title album and artitst on the sat nav screen.
    If you decide to go bluetooth adapter then don't buy it. let me know and you can have mine. Its bouncing around in the glove box. I found connectivity unreliable and functionality/control through the car sound system non exisitant apart from skip forward and back a track and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Floor mats are a must if you have kids
    No kids as yet! :P

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Hi
    I had the rear park sensors fitted when buying my MPS luxury. Worth every $.
    Recently had the front sensors fitted expecting they would be very useful knowing where the nose of the car is when parking but thats not the way they work. They really only sense the waht is diagonally beside youre car. so good when reversing in as the nose passes the car in front or likewaise when pulling out of a spot. To me a total waste of money. Never realy get that close. They go off more often when people walk too close crossing the road at lights.
    If you like your ipod music while you drive and want to search tracks albums etc then I would definitely go with the adapter. It even displays song title album and artitst on the sat nav screen.
    If you decide to go bluetooth adapter then don't buy it. let me know and you can have mine. Its bouncing around in the glove box. I found connectivity unreliable and functionality/control through the car sound system non exisitant apart from skip forward and back a track and sound.
    Thanks for the feedback wal! I will definitely get the rear parking sensors and leave out the front. I'm going to miss the reverse camera I had on Rex...wish Mazda had an option. I guess the only option is to get an after market HU.
    So far I've got the following on my list:
    -Cargo Tray
    -Rear Parking sensors
    - Floor Mats (The dealer said he would throw these in for free)

- Tinting (After Market)

I am sort of considering the iPod apadtor too!

Floor mats also work well for messy spouses

Make sure the dealer throws in the proper MPS floor mats (they have MPS badges on the two in the front). They may try to stiff you by throwing the standard 3 ones in

---

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    As for accessoriesgo, this is what I paid in Oct 2009.

Mazda Accessories
    Cargo tray $145 (do it)
    Floor mat set $130 (do it)
    Front parking sensors $428 (handy, but not a must)
    iPod adaptor $499 (Might be good for resale ...)
    Mazda Bluetooth® audio transmitter - for iPod $125 (A waste. I sold mine )
    Reverse parking sensors $325 (Do it)
    Tow bar kit $475 (has been useful...)
    Paint/Tint/Plastic/Vinyl/Leather Protection $1100 (major fcking waste of money!)

Off Site Accessories
    GP CARS - Hollandia 700 Sunroof $2200 (I love it. Could I live with out it? Yes, but hopefully will help resale too. It was dealer fitted after all )
    MONGOOSE - MAP80 Upgrade Security System $550 (So far, haven't needed it. Not sure how much more secure the car is now...but it helps...hopefully)
    DUCO Scratch - Clear Car Bra $1200 (Great for stone chips, keeping that bonnet and bumper protected. But you won't like it if your a buffing buff It has a slight matt finish which will annoy you)
    Very interesting ride you have there mate! As far as the iPod adaptor goes - does this sit in the centre console or the glove compartment? Is searching for tracks and playlists easy enough or a pain in the butt?

If you want to pair your mobile phone with the bluetooth (which you do) then get the iPod cable fitted.

You can only have one bluetooth device paired at a time and 100% of the time, you want it to be your mobile phone. Having to juggle that with an iPod just doesn't work. I have the iPod bluetooth adapter but have never used it.

My phone is my iPod as well so bluetooth takes care of everything for me, and if I ever have a passenger who is whingeing about my music then I just let them plug theirs into the Aux jack in the centre console. It all depends on whether you use an iPod or not because the iPod cable does NOT work with iPhones.
    Last edited by Reedy; 05-08-2011 at 10:28 AM.

People who whinge about my music generally get dropped off at the side of the road and get told to take a cab

No exceptions

---

Quote Originally Posted by silverathlon View Post
    Very interesting ride you have there mate! As far as the iPod adaptor goes - does this sit in the centre console or the glove compartment? Is searching for tracks and playlists easy enough or a pain in the butt?
    Lives in the glove box. Searching isn't that hard, but can be tedious as you need to scroll with the wheel. Best way is to have playlists.

Its still a good thing to have. As Reedy mentioned, it's then possible to have 2 music sources in the car. Beware though, once the IPod adapter is plugged into the IPod, you can no longer use the Ipod interface. You need to use the car stereo interface.

In our car, my wife uses the IPod when she has the car, and I use the iPhone.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Thanks Reedy and Yeldarb. Yea I would like to have my mobile phone connected via Bluetooth 100% of the time. That should work for me then as I have an iPod Classic.
    I'll add the iPod adaptor to my list of options then

Can't wait to get the car and bring along on a cruise!!

Bring it to Sydney, I want to see a white one in the flesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Lives in the glove box. Searching isn't that hard, but can be tedious as you need to scroll with the wheel. Best way is to have playlists.

Its still a good thing to have. As Reedy mentioned, it's then possible to have 2 music sources in the car. Beware though, once the IPod adapter is plugged into the IPod, you can no longer use the Ipod interface. You need to use the car stereo interface.

In our car, my wife uses the IPod when she has the car, and I use the iPhone.
    the wheel is to search through the songs in the selected folder....so if you want to chagne artists...you need to press track next.... I HATED IT!
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by silverathlon View Post
    Thanks everyone I ended up getting the luxury as I got a good deal on a lease! Not sure if I will be modding the car to that extent but that modded white MPS looks pretty sweet.
    Anyone have the front and rear parking sensors installed? Is it worth me getting it through mazda or some other place?
    My dealer told me there was only going to be one specification level in the series 2 gen II..... Silverathlon can you confirm this? No one ever gets told the same things as the next person...!

Bring on the white!

Adrian

My Ipod adapter lives in the glove box of my MPS Gen II but there is heaps of cable and I am sure if you want the ipod to be located somewhere else it would be possible. You would need to talk to the dealer when installing.
    I find the glove box good in that the Iopod is away from prying eyes.
    Im getting one of those after market holders to install in the glove box to make the plug in less teadious.

The adapter works as follows with my Ipod Classic:
    Disc button on the centre dash selects the field that you want to search in eg playlist, album song artist etc.
    Once the filed is selected the folder button on the centre dash can be used to scroll through whats in the field alphabetically.
    The results are displayed on the sat Nav Screen when its in info mode. Display is instantaneous with the scrolling so its really easy to flick through to find what you are after.
    I have all of my music on the Ipod as individual albums as well as in play lists.
    The up and down buttoin on the steering wheel allows you to restart the song currently playing and skip forward to the next song. Does not skip back.
    Not quite as smart as some of the other models eg ford or hyundai but still light years ahead of the blue tooth adapter or aux jack. Both have zero search functions unless you go to the ipod itself and no display. WhenI tried the blue tooth adapter it was seriously unreliable.
    Go with the adapter.

Totally agree that paint protection isa wate of money.
    I avoided the dealer offer because it sounded dodgy and went for an after market protection with a 5 year guarantee for $700. Lasted almost a year, big deal.
    I think they work on the basis that when it fails the owner is so peed of that they ont go back and have it redone becasue its a waste of time.
    Go for the Prima do it yourself kitfrom ZAS. You'll find it on the forum.
    I replaced my aftermarket protection with the Prima and heaps of help from the forum.
    Couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Damnfuzz View Post
    My dealer told me there was only going to be one specification level in the series 2 gen II..... Silverathlon can you confirm this? No one ever gets told the same things as the next person...!

Bring on the white!

Adrian
    Hey Adrian I will heading to the dealer on the weekend so I will find this out! He didn't seem to know too much over the phone about the car besides the fact that it was white and the new 300G model. Will keep you posted!

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    My Ipod adapter lives in the glove box of my MPS Gen II but there is heaps of cable and I am sure if you want the ipod to be located somewhere else it would be possible. You would need to talk to the dealer when installing.
    I find the glove box good in that the Iopod is away from prying eyes.
    Im getting one of those after market holders to install in the glove box to make the plug in less teadious.

The adapter works as follows with my Ipod Classic:
    Disc button on the centre dash selects the field that you want to search in eg playlist, album song artist etc.
    Once the filed is selected the folder button on the centre dash can be used to scroll through whats in the field alphabetically.
    The results are displayed on the sat Nav Screen when its in info mode. Display is instantaneous with the scrolling so its really easy to flick through to find what you are after.
    I have all of my music on the Ipod as individual albums as well as in play lists.
    The up and down buttoin on the steering wheel allows you to restart the song currently playing and skip forward to the next song. Does not skip back.
    Not quite as smart as some of the other models eg ford or hyundai but still light years ahead of the blue tooth adapter or aux jack. Both have zero search functions unless you go to the ipod itself and no display. WhenI tried the blue tooth adapter it was seriously unreliable.
    Go with the adapter.

Totally agree that paint protection isa wate of money.
    I avoided the dealer offer because it sounded dodgy and went for an after market protection with a 5 year guarantee for $700. Lasted almost a year, big deal.
    I think they work on the basis that when it fails the owner is so peed of that they ont go back and have it redone becasue its a waste of time.
    Go for the Prima do it yourself kitfrom ZAS. You'll find it on the forum.
    I replaced my aftermarket protection with the Prima and heaps of help from the forum.
    Couldn't be happier.
    Thanks heaps Wal! The adaptor will definitely be on my list now along with the reverse parking sensors and cargo tray.
    Hopefully I can strike a good deal with the salesman!

---------- Post added 06-08-2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-08-2011 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Bring it to Sydney, I want to see a white one in the flesh!
    I haven't driven to Sydney in ages but if I do I'll definitely drop by

Quote Originally Posted by Damnfuzz View Post

Bring on the white!

Adrian
    Went and saw the dealer today and he said there will still be two models to choose from - the standard and the luxury. (This is for the new 300G models)
    He told me the color I was getting was called Crystal White Pearl Mica. I believe its the same color they have on their other models.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast