User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GEN2 - Bluetooth and phone compatibility

Default GEN2 - Bluetooth and phone compatibility

Do you have issues with your phone not been 100% Compatible with the built in Bluetooth System? If so please tell us about it here.

Ie

Name of Phone:

Issue:

Cause if known:

After a long look through the mazda Aus website I finally found this mazda site. But please let us know of your exprience in real life use.

Mazda Australia - Find a Phone

Name of Phone: Bob, the Iphone4

Issue: it's retarded

Cause if known: not really. We talk a lot, but it doesn't really understand my needs.

Seriously, I haven't seen some of the functions listed on this site. Battery level? Signal level? ?

It does stream music well. Basic (very basic) controls are available. But nothing like actually using the cable on an IPod. Big miss there in my opinion from Mazda. Look at the integration possibilities from the clarion and pioneer systems showcased lately here.

Still, I love my car...and my IPhone. Just wish they'd work their shit out!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I had a Nokia N97 it synced with the car well, but it wouldn't display any information about the song playing, and would take up to 30seconds to change track... and when I would answer the phone, I would always have to enable the bluetooth headset on the phone... POS it was...

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy SII, it now works flawlessly, shows all the music info, changes track pretty much instantly, and I don't need to stuff around turning the blue tooth on and off when it would freeze like the N97... making calls with it is a breeze too...

my SGSII epic phone
    2010 MPS Gen II Lux Pack 15% tint, CP-e 75 Duro xFlex Side Mounts, CPe S2 REM, CP-e TIP, CP-e CAI, CP-e Dump Pipe, COBB Access Port S2, Hyperflow TMIC, Autotech HPFP, Eibach Pro Kit, Corksport Rear Strut Tower Brace, Corksport Swaybars Front and Rear, SPC Camber Arms, 2XS Toe Arms

So the Galaxy S2 shows artist/track data on the car's MFD?

Iiiiinteresting...

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Wow! Galaxy S2 sounds like the go Almost grabbed one today whilst at the tel$tra shop. Finally a phone that will send track info to the MFD, cheers for the feedback.

Yeah, I was soooo happy when I got the phone and it showed all the info... I was so annoyed when I bought the car and they said it would show all the info and it didn't... the SGSII works perfectly with the GenII

I'm still going to wait for the official IOS 5 release.

At least there's definitive proof now that it is possible to display this info on Gen IIs and it's down to the handset Bluetooth revision, not the car.

---

the S2 works great with the Bluebooth. I just need to find time to pair the car with the one I purchased last week

So you've decided to join us in the 21st Century then I take it Pete?

Nice looking phone BTW

---

Yep I have joined the 21st Century.

I am still annoyed that in the 21st Century I need to carry two phones (one for Business and one for Personal), in the 20th Century one phone was all I needed. That is progress for you.

but the really annoying part is that the S2 does what I need re the divert indicator but only for 3 seconds or so. So is useless if you are not watching the phone when it rings.

But i am loving have the net and emails on the phone.
    Last edited by BlueMPS; 17-08-2011 at 07:13 PM.

The Bluetooth in the car was always capable of displaying Music Info.

Its worked for my old ass Win Mobile 6.5 Samsung Omnia I900 in the past.

Hasn't worked since i got a Iphone 4.

Obviously software related. As to why certain android phones don't display it.....no idea.....

Phone: iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3

Works fine on my Gen 2 MPS - automatically connects when I get in the car (occasionally it might take a few minutes, but in general it pairs straight away - I think that was an issue with having multiple phones paired up to the car).

Only supports track forward and backward, however as mentioned above iOS 5 supports AVRCP 1.3, which WILL pass through track/artist names. Can't wait till iOS 5 final is out - have been tempted to install the beta, but will wait for the final version.

More info here: iOS 5 Streams Track/Artist Information to Bluetooth Audio Devices - Mac Rumors

The reason the iPhone / other devices don't currently pass through track names is the version of AVRCP the device is using - so the Samsung Galaxy S2's out there must implement 1.3+

13. Default

[QUOTE=Justin;185270]I had a Nokia N97 it synced with the car well, but it wouldn't display any information about the song playing, and would take up to 30seconds to change track... and when I would answer the phone, I would always have to enable the bluetooth headset on the phone... POS it was...

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy SII, it now works flawlessly, shows all the music info, changes track pretty much instantly, and I don't need to stuff around turning the blue tooth on and off when it would freeze like the N97... making calls with it is a breeze too...

I have paired heaps and the Nokia is the only brand I have problems with.

In saying that most of my customers have an Iphone.

aeon thanks for the info. Is there an ETA on that SW update?

15. Default

I've just got a galaxy s2 as well, great phone. But still can't get it to show data on the mps display. I've tried with the default media player and with double twist.any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well shit, I just updated to iOS 5, and my MPS is NOT displaying the artist/track name Even though the iPhone through iOS 5 supports AVCRP 1.3 and the Mazda is supposed to understand it, it's still not working.

Looks like people are equally unsuccessful here:

Updating the Bluetooth AVRCP - Page 2 - 2010 Mazda 3/Mazdaspeed 3 Forums

I tried repairing this morning, but no success

I've just submitted a query to the Mazda Australia website, see what they have to say.
    Last edited by aeon; 07-10-2011 at 08:43 AM.

One of the first things they'll say is that IOS5 is still in Beta.

I am reserving judgment until the full version is released next week...

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Yeah I'm hanging onto the faint hope that'll do it, but the GM release is often the same as the final release...

I tried my friends Galaxy S2 in my car at lunch time, just to check, and sure enough it displays the album/artist/track names :\ Need to find another car to see if it will show the track information from my iPhone.

My only problem is when u hook up the iPhone to both Phone and Music Player settings.

When the phone rings it's no problem, but it mutes everything else alarms, SMS etc. Unless your in BT Audio mode

I'm using an old iPhone as my full
    Time music player and iPhone 4 as my phone. Seems to work fine

Peter "SLIXX"

I contacted Mazda, and this is the response I got:

Thank you for your email, and your enquiry with reference to the audio track listing with the iOS 5 Apple software.
    As Mazda Australia has not tested, or is familiar with the software provided from Apple, we are unable to comment if this will stream track information via Bluetooth.

In closing, we regret that we are unable to provide you any assistance with your enquiry.
    In other words, go away, we don't care.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast