User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GEN2 - Bluetooth and phone compatibility

So its a MY12....

So it seems the MY12+ has had a revision to the bluetooth.

Pretty sure iPhone 5 uses a new protocol in Bluetooth, it must agree with the radio in our cars.
    I can confirm the iPhone 4S doesn't work correctly.

Right now, I'm wishing I got away from iPhone's earlier. The Galaxy is AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    iPhone 5 + Sept 11 BL2 MPS = great success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Pretty sure iPhone 5 uses a new protocol in Bluetooth, it must agree with the radio in our cars.
    I can confirm the iPhone 4S doesn't work correctly.

Right now, I'm wishing I got away from iPhone's earlier. The Galaxy is AWESOME
    Both iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S use Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP.

iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS use Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP.

iPhone 3G uses Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP.

iPhone (original) uses Bluetooth v2.0, no A2DP.
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    Both iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S use Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP.

iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS use Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP.

iPhone 3G uses Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP.

iPhone (original) uses Bluetooth v2.0, no A2DP.
    According to a lot of sources, apparently the 4S didn't TRULY use v4.0, and it was rather buggy, which would explain why they didn't work (they streamed, but didn't display data, and was rather laggy). I tried 3 4S' and had the same result.

Good to see they fixed it!

OK. So this is what I found....HTC One displays all track info/artist etc on a Toyota Hilux but not the 2010 MPS....this just means that its got nothing to do with the phone, rather the car and that just pisses me off. However, speaking to a mate who works in Mazda parts has highlighted where the problem might be....August 2010 on, there was a new part number for the Bluetooth module. Mine was May 2010. So Im now on the hunt for the above.

Quote Originally Posted by OzCJ View Post
    OK. So this is what I found....HTC One displays all track info/artist etc on a Toyota Hilux but not the 2010 MPS....this just means that its got nothing to do with the phone, rather the car and that just pisses me off. However, speaking to a mate who works in Mazda parts has highlighted where the problem might be....August 2010 on, there was a new part number for the Bluetooth module. Mine was May 2010. So Im now on the hunt for the above.
    If you can provide a cheap solution apart from replacing the whole HU, that would be great.

But i think from memory of this thread, the 2012's were a sweet spot.

Was just about compatible with all phones i think.
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

OK, solution found. Ive been spending time on this issue for a while and finally worked out. Here is how I have come to the conclusion - I own a HTC One with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and my car is a May 2010 MPS Luxury. The car never ever displayed any information and this was at one stage put down to the phone software. I tried my phone with the Toyota Hilux and it worked like a charm displaying all song, artist info etc. Still no luck with the MPS. Then recently got the 4.3 update which supposedly allowed the AVRCP profile to send/receive information via Bluetooth. Still worked like a charm with the Hilux, but nothing with the MPS. With no help from Mazda Australia or Mazda Handsfree (they are both equally a waste of space and time); I managed to get a service dealership to swap the module with a recent SP25; and it worked. Now Im out of warranty, so I got a part of a wrecker and its getting fitted next week. So guys, if your car build date was post Aug 2010, you should have no problems (phone software dependent ofcourse). Ive got all the info (incl. part #s and dates) if anyone is interested.

OK, solution found. Ive been spending time on this issue for a while and finally worked out. Here is how I have come to the conclusion - I own a HTC One with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and my car is a May 2010 MPS Luxury. The car never ever displayed any information and this was at one stage put down to the phone software. I tried my phone with the Toyota Hilux and it worked like a charm displaying all song, artist info etc. Still no luck with the MPS. Then recently got the 4.3 update which supposedly allowed the AVRCP profile to send/receive information via Bluetooth. Still worked like a charm with the Hilux, but nothing with the MPS. With no help from Mazda Australia or Mazda Handsfree (they are both equally a waste of space and time); I managed to get a service dealership to swap the module with a recent SP25; and it worked. Now Im out of warranty, so I got a part of a wrecker and its getting fitted next week. So guys, if your car build date was post Aug 2010, you should have no problems (phone software dependent ofcourse). Ive got all the info (incl. part #s and dates) if anyone is interested.
    Can you post the Part details and rough pricing.

Always wondered how much it was to sort this out and whether it was really worth it.
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    Can you post the Part details and rough pricing.

Always wondered how much it was to sort this out and whether it was really worth it.
    My old part # BBW166DHX. From a wrecker, you should be able to get the part for $120-$130 plus postage. You are after part#s BBW266DHXA or BBW266DHXB which is from any series 2 BL mazda 3 with factory installed Bluetooth kit. Now Ive seen these on eBay USA as well but the part #s are different, it should work but not sure BBM466DHXA or BBM566DHXA. I am also talking to Johnson Controls in Australia to work out if there is a way to use the old module with a simple software update. Incase you are wondering, this took say 20min to do and is a simple matter of removing the glovebox and the module sits around top left upper corner. Good luck.

Anything post Aug 2010 will work just fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	allmaz AU_Part.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	15622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eBay US_Part.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	15621  
    Last edited by OzCJ; 25-12-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Good effort mate. Well done for the info. My car is an 09 build. Something worth doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing Ive noticed, sound quality is not as good. This has nothing to do with the module, but more to do with the latest Bluetooth update that comes with Android 4.3 update. Oh well, you trade something for something...lol

12. Default

One thing Ive noticed, sound quality is not as good. This has nothing to do with the module, but more to do with the latest Bluetooth update that comes with Android 4.3 update. Oh well, you trade something for something...lol
    You should try a custom rom mate, sounds great with DSP manager..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    You should try a custom rom mate, sounds great with DSP manager..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
    I'll need ur help with this one...lol

Sent from myHTC One using Tapatalk4

My old part # BBW166DHX. From a wrecker, you should be able to get the part for $120-$130 plus postage. You are after part#s BBW266DHXA or BBW266DHXB which is from any series 2 BL mazda 3 with factory installed Bluetooth kit. Now Ive seen these on eBay USA as well but the part #s are different, it should work but not sure BBM466DHXA or BBM566DHXA. I am also talking to Johnson Controls in Australia to work out if there is a way to use the old module with a simple software update. Incase you are wondering, this took say 20min to do and is a simple matter of removing the glovebox and the module sits around top left upper corner. Good luck.

Anything post Aug 2010 will work just fine.
    I have an 09. I also have a HTC One, so if i upgrade this unit I can get my track info on the screen. Will the upgrade change anything else?

What exactly is the unit called or is it specially a bluetooth module?
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

The upgrade obviously means you have to repair your devices. Sound quality drops given that Bluetooth 4.0 profile makes it so. Other than that, no issues...works like a charm

It's just called a Bluetooth module, be specific that it is factory installed.
    Last edited by OzCJ; 01-02-2014 at 12:20 PM.

The upgrade obviously means you have to repair your devices. Sound quality drops given that Bluetooth 4.0 profile makes it so. Other than that, no issues...works like a charm

I found that my current bluetooth setup has amazing sound quality and is more bassier than playing a cd or through AUX cable.

Did the sound quality drop from your old module to the new?

Also, does it only show tracks from the music saved on our phone or will it also show music from 'Pandora' or 'Spotify' Apps?
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

Hi all,

I recently picked one up from a 2012 sp25. It had all the digits that ozcj mentioned but without the last letter.

Picked it up for $100 posted. Dealer sell it for 1k brand new. :/

Works perfectly, sound quality is exactly the same and all my track info pops up. Even with apps such as spotify, Pandora etc.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234