User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GEN2 - Bluetooth and phone compatibility

Has anyone with an iOS device managed to get Artist and Song information streamed to their headunit over bluetooth? It's never worked for my 2011 MPS and my iPhone 4 running iOS 5 or 6, and likewise for my iPhone 5 running iOS 6, however I just saw on caradvice that someone with a "new" Mazda3 and and iPhone 4 has got Artist and Song information coming to their headunit.

There are a few threads on this already. Type "AVRCP" (minus quote marks) into search

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    There are a few threads on this already. Type "AVRCP" (minus quote marks) into search
    er... this is the most recent thread about this issue...

Mazda replied with the following (which doesn't really address or answer my question properly):

"Hello, my iPhone 4 running iOS 5 and iOS 6, and my iPhone 5 running iOS 6 do not display the artist and song track information in my 2011 Mazda3 MPS. I have seen reports that people with a newer Mazda3 DO get artist and song track information streamed from their iPhone 4 - has there been a firmware update for the headunits in the Mazda3 that enables the artist and song track information when paired with an iOS device? "

Their response:

"Unfortunately as of now we still don't have an update regarding the artist and song information to be shown on the display or MID. Currently, the only avenue for communicating the status of Bluetooth phones with a HandsFree Profile is at the www.mazdahandsfree.com.au website. We encourage our customers to check the website often as it is updated twice a month as soon as approved."

Another edit...

Looks like someone over in the US has been working with the Mazda engineers, and this was the answer:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2...tml#post155070

So seems like that's a confirmation it doesn't/won't work, I wonder what those people on the caradvice comment list are seeing/doing then.
    Last edited by aeon; 26-09-2012 at 01:53 PM.

I Think Yeldrab, had his working with a stock system?? right......???

Default GEN2 - Bluetooth and phone compatibility

This seems to be the busiest thread, so I'll continue here.

So no, on my MPS all I could ever do was pause/play, skip forward/backward.

No track info.

Interesting on the CX-5 GT I DO get track info. So there must have been an update. Mazdas own website seems to confirm it:

MPS BL 2009 Onwards
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348649926.504253.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	12503

CX-5 2011 Onwards, notice a load more options.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348649981.484777.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	12504
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

So, I've finally decided to ditch the iFail, after numerous issues, unrelated to the obvious car audio issues we all have.

Incoming: Samsung Galaxy S3, and after reading up about the S2 on here, I'm hell excited to have it actually WORK!! Track info displayed, no delays in track change. Only 2 more sleeps!

Previous phone was S2. Worked Great.
    Current phone is S3. Still works great.

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    So, I've finally decided to ditch the iFail, after numerous issues, unrelated to the obvious car audio issues we all have.

Incoming: Samsung Galaxy S3, and after reading up about the S2 on here, I'm hell excited to have it actually WORK!! Track info displayed, no delays in track change. Only 2 more sleeps!
    I think it depends on your model 2012+ for example.

My S3 4G shows no song titles. Tried 5 different music apps. no difference.
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

I suppose I can only try! Worst case, if it doesn't work how I want it to, I claim warranty on the phone.

Fingers crossed it works! Brand new phone, on a 2011 MPS, would be pretty disappointed if it didn't.

Oh, mines a 2009 Gen 2 btw.

So good luck!

Oddly enough, it use to work on my windows 6.5 phone using WMP.

I'll post up an update on Friday/Saturday when I've got it all connected.
    I wouldn't imagine that the Bluetooth version is different between 2009 and 2011, but I could be wrong.

the US guys claim with later models their phones seemed to work fine.

Even with iphones on say 2013 models.

Not sure if there is anything different between our models but you would figure its just the factory bluetooth : /

More like factory pooTooth (Yes, I know this sounds very wrong).

I spoke to Mazda yesterday, and they suggested that the 2011 MPS radio fully supports Bluetooth4.0, and suggested that I check the Mazdahandsfree.com site and it will tell me what compatibility each phone has. Problem is, while the Samsung says its compatible with everything, the iPhone4S also says its fully compatible with audio, which is obviously incorrect.

So will just be a 'cross my fingers' moment tomorrow when I pair it.

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    the US guys claim with later models their phones seemed to work fine.

Even with iphones on say 2013 models.

Not sure if there is anything different between our models but you would figure its just the factory bluetooth : /

Mines been working fine, BL2 MPS with iPhone 4. Just upgraded to iPhone 5, yet to pair it, see how I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    Mines been working fine, BL2 MPS with iPhone 4. Just upgraded to iPhone 5, yet to pair it, see how I go.

Is that the MY13 with upgraded headunit? I heard the new ones work fine with iPhones due to it being a revised unit. My 2011 played music fine off my iPhone 4S, but wouldn't show track info.
    Black Mica Gen2
    * Opti-Coat Paint Protection * Corksport SRI + TIP * SURE REM (Street Spec) * Resonator Delete * Shark-Fin Antenna *
    * Custom Vinyls by Muzza * LED Interior Upgrade *

MY12 (Sept 11 build)

Good news, the Samsung Galaxy S3 pairs, and streams music via Bluetooth as expected. Title, Album + Artist displayed.

Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Good news, the Samsung Galaxy S3 pairs, and streams music via Bluetooth as expected. Title, Album + Artist displayed.

Hooray!
    I haven't been able to get any song info displayed on mine. Was there a setting or anything to get that?

Not at all, just paired it up and it worked.

iPhone 5 + Sept 11 BL2 MPS = great success

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast